Beware! the Lumen Nazi's cometh!

Just Curious as to how you know he stands on his Back Deck naked ??? :slight_smile:

And we vote these people in. Its no better over here.

What a bunch of rubbish!Are people that bored?I would be screwed for sure because that would give anyone the right to call on me when my big honkin' 6x XML security light goes on,or scanning my yard when I hear noises.

In Texas? Wow…how we have changed. This must be in the Austin/Hill Country area. Many nanny-state lovers out there.

Hard to write a ticket when you just looked into my 3 eyes :cowboy_hat_face:

How does this relate to us flashlight enthusiasts?

Could there be a conspiracy here? This could be some sort of prelude of an attempt by the Federal Government to take high powered flashlights out of the hands of it’s citizens. New York has already banded soft drinks over 16oz! “When flashlights are outlawed, only outlaws will have flashlights”.
Or this could be an attempt by an influential up and coming industrial complex with governmental contacts to get an unfair advantage in the market place for inferior lighting products? I point you to the “Lampe de Poche” thread HERE

At any rate, I think there is little to be concerned by Texans over this. In Texas the powerful NRA will surely have the clout to push through an exemption for high powered lights, as long as they are attached to a weapon!

:slight_smile:

I’m just wondering how the cops could enforce this rule…have an offender turn their flashlight back on and run over there in front of the beam with a lux meter to measure it? lol

When they came for the throwers, I did nothing for I didn’t have a thrower
When they came for the flooders, I did nothing for I didn’t have a flooder
When they came for the “Lampe de Poche”, I did nothing for I didn’t have a Lampe de Poche
When they came for me”………well, they couldn’t find me, it was too dark.

This is just the way it is here. You appoint new politicians and they create new laws instead of upholding the oath they took when appointed to protect the 10 major ones this country was founded upon. They evidently think they have nothing else to do but to come up with some new law or a new tax.
Sorry to hear about that texaspyro.

Well played, sir.

Ha ha! Got a good chuckle out of that.

Really, those who passed the ordinance sound like a bunch of bozos who need to stick to footcandles. SI units are a bit out of their league apparently.

Great, yet another "law" in the never ending march toward total criminalization of all actions. Really just another way for officer friendly to selectively enforce, and to write more citations.

Most likely it would target just people with the obnoxiously bright spot lights outside their homes. Surely this could be handled under existing nuisance/disturbing the peace statutes?

Next time they will ban farting or blowing a snotrag outdoors! That’s crazy…

Excellent :slight_smile:

Now I have to buy underwear too!?

The black helicopters are circling…

Lets see, how can I say this without getting into trouble.... Ummmm. "I know someone" who did just that. "They" told me that about 10 months later, the light was moved. "They" said as well it is now nice and dark around "Their" place again as "They" like it!!! WHEW! Thats hard!!

SLAM YOU SIR NAILED IT!!! Wow are 2nd amendment rights are in question now mans second greatest feat since the invention of fire mans ability to conquer the night what’s next sensoring what we watch on T, V or news we watch?

They are already going to monitor what we eat! I sense an impending bloodbath…