Big Bend National Park and Beamshots (125m - 975meters!!!)

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. Amazing landscape.

im at lost for words, thanks for the beamshots.

Thanks RDR!

Nice work guys! The Shocker sure beats the TK75 in that second set.

The TK75 is impressive bone stock. Awesome flood and good throw. But my modded BTU now has about 700 more lumens and double the lux of the TK, so yeah it beats it pretty good now.

We rode our bikes through the park. Beautiful desolate place.
Great photos.

Great beamshots! Thanks for your effort!

I say again and your shots show it. At reasonable ranges, the Terminator is amazing. Thanks for your work.

That is some fantastic work. Great comparitive shots. Thank you very much for investing the time on your vacation and sharing. Looked like a great trip.

Shameless plug. It would have been cool if a light with the Very Large Reflector would have been available for your trip.

It is a beautiful park and I can only imagine how how surreal it would appear from the back of a motorcycle. I have to assume you do not mean bicycles because those hills would be challenge on them. Lol. We had great fun taking the photos in a totally different setting than we are used to also. Glad you appreciate them.

Agreed. While the BTU and TK75 beat it easy in throw and pretty much match it in flood, they are both much bigger lights. What the Terminator gives you, is throw to match classic throwers like SR51, 7G5, M3C4, HD2010, etc. but at the same time offering more flood and a much more useable very fat spot. And again all in a pretty compact package.
This trip raised our opinion of it for sure. We both still prefer my BTU and his TK75, but the Terminator is an awesome light none the less. And I have to admit I would prefer carrying that little light vs my BTU on some of those long hikes we made, if they had been done at night time. And it’s very cool looking to boot. Only complaint I have is having to go down through the modes to turn it off. No biggie, but a little annoying. The King has the same issue though too.

Fantastic long range beamshots. Thank you for sharing.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by the performance of the BS Terminator (currently my emergency car light) and at the same time I'm a bit disappointed by the performance of the TK75.

Your last set of shots, also really underscore the fact of just how small a point of light, the super throwers put down on target. At this rate we're likely to see the next series of super throwers turn to laser diodes instead of LEDs.

One note about the spot size - keep in mind this rocky upcrop that we were shooting at is roughly 475ft tall and 1200 ft wide.
I’m a little confused on your disappointment with the TK75. The Terminator is an awesome light, but my brothers TK75 is also equally impressive in my opinion. I feel someone can’t go wrong with either light.

I agree. The Terminator is a really nice little light but the TK75 does outperform it slightly in every category except maybe looking cool. I am always amazed in just how well it does in all of them. I might be disappointed if I try to compare it to his modded BTU. :slight_smile: I might be slightly biased though.

I guess disappointed is the wrong word to have used. I own both the TK75 and the BS Terminator, and love them both. I consider the TK75 to be the best light I own by a fair margin.

What I meant is, I expected it to more significantly outperform the other lights.

Any plans to get the RC40? Would be an interesting light to add the the lineup. Personally I'm holding off on it though - outdate LEDs and battery pack are something I can't quite get over. (Maybe if it drops to ~$200.)

Not really on the RC40. It is a very impressive light no doubt. Likely the most powerful LED on the market bone stock. But my BTU matches it in lumens and out throws it by 50K. Even though I feel the RC40 is worth the appx $300 that it costs, I just can’t justify spending that much when I own a modded BTU.
Now if I didn’t already have my BTU, I would be seriously considering the RC40. Or if it could be had for a tk75 or terminator price, I’d own one by now.

Love the shots, excellent comparisons! Would have like to have seen my T13 in that mix with it's de-domed XM-L2 T6 0D, doing 155 kcd which should put it dead between the C8 and T08, but I think it has a cooler tint than those.

We would love to have had it Tom. My C8, T08 & SA76 as well as my brothers BTU are your creations and I am sure it would have made a great showing as well.

VERY good distance shots! I was especially impressed by the BTU and that C8.

cant believe i missed this beamshot thread! nice shots as usual, always love looking at your shots because of our nice collection