Big cleanup sale-modders corner

Hahahahaha! Good one, DB. I love this Forum, I really do. :slight_smile:

I’ve had to stay away from all the flashlight forums for many years, because I tended to, um, “overdo” it a little when mania and obsession would align just right. Very expensively. Way back when, there was one builder who was making HID flashlights that would actually light paper on fire at a few inches. Great throw, and not exactly a duty light unless you were completely insane, but impressive to see photos of nonetheless (no, I didn’t buy one). Today the LEDs and electronics are so much more capable. I recently bought my wife a Zebralight H32W headlamp for $63 all-in (brand new) that is smaller than my thumb, takes a single CR123, weighs 33 grams and puts out 446 lumens on high! WOW! Things have really changed for the better in the last decade.

I know this is a sales thread, and I don’t mean to hijack it, but are there any Modders here (DB?) who could upgrade one (or a few, as finances permit) of my old LED lights? I should find a more appropriate place to ask this question, but you all know so much more than I do at this point, and a little direction would be great. Probably the first light I would like to upgrade to a better emitter would be my Damascus Chameleon by Mr. Bulk. It takes a single RCR123 (won’t run on primaries for some reason — not enough voltage, I think). It’s such a delightful hunk of well worn blued steel, but I know it could be brighter.

Again, my thanks to Ergotelis and all of you for making me feel welcome here. I’m so excited to be getting a modded American flashlight from a wonderful seller in Crete!

With kind regards,

Mark H.
Eureka, CA

P. S. My wife Sue and I are now retired and living off Social Security, so our days of buying such treasures as custom-made Damascus and titanium flashlights are behind us. But our flashlight addiction lives on here at BLF with ever-improving technology at reasonable prices.

Hi Ergotelis,

The Elektro-Lumens Blaster was in my mailbox this morning. It arrived in excellent condition. I loaded it up with 8 new AA eneloops, and it works just great. I also enjoyed seeing the stamps from Greece. Thank you very much for your excellent service!

With kind regards,

Mark H.
Eureka, CA

Thanks for receiving it just fine!Hope you enjoy the mod, wish you could see how it was originally and all the parts put and the mods made in order to make it a modern flashlight! Hope you enjoy it thank you! For everything you might need you can contact me whenever you want!