Big fixed blade... can't decide

Yes, I know the chance is negligible, the laser can engrave whatever you want :slight_smile:
I spotted another nice knife for my collection, and the price seems good:

http://www.xxxknife.com/product.asp?productid=F0185

The rosewood bolster/fingerguard is an interesting touch.

It’s a Browning brand. I’ve seen it all over the Interwebs and it looks really nice.

You might consider the Glock Field Knife with a Kydex sheath. It sells for around $30-$35 at Amazon. Comes in black or olive drab.

Hrvoje, Have you used that website before, is it reputable? I noticed they only do money gram, western union or telegraph transfer, no CC or Paypal.

http://www.xxxknife.com/product.asp?productid=F0185

No, I haven’t used this site before, just found it today.
However, for a few dollars more there’s plenty Boker Magnum Elk Hunter knives on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xboker+magnum+elk+hunter&_nkw=boker+magnum+elk+hunter&_sacat=0&_from=R40

for 25 bucks you are not getting a true boker…i hate 440c but at least this is a good example of what can be done with it but its a true boker as reflected in the price…

http://www.boker.de/us/fixed-blade-knife/boker-plus/tactical-knife/02BO180.html

i think i saw that they have a factory in argentina…there are good boker knifes but just not big ones for 25 bucks…knife center lists 126 different models over 100 bucks with about half that number costing over 150…i also saw something on one of the sites that at bokers request they do not ship boker knives back to europe…

Hrvoje.
The Black Fox and Black Dragon II both look good but the RTAK II from Ontario Knife and Tool that AlexGT linked to would walk all over them in a “serious” situation.
For a serious hunk of steel at a budget price the GI Tanto from Cold Steel is hard to beat, you even get a decent Secure Ex sheath with it at £33.60 / €40.32 (Including VAT at 20%) for the lot.
Not as showy as some but a good blade at a bargain price.
The only Cold Steel fixed blade that I have is the Tanto Lite £33.60 / €40.32 (Including VAT at 20%) and for the same price, I missed the GI Tanto when I was looking and I wish I’d have got it instead of the Tanto Lite.
If you reallt don’t need a fixed blade then just buy one of these You won’t find tougher for the money.

Whatever you decide on it must be right for YOU to feel comfortable with.

Steve, thank you for the advice.
I already have El-01, and really like it, this is without doubt one of the best folding knife.
I moddified mine and now it is even better.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2428?page=3#comment-396871

I recently purchased Inron MY803, and have been disappointed. Fit, finish and the tollerance are much better on Enlan.

Boker Magnum certainly sell some Enlans re-badged -

Boker Magnum Baron

Enlan M011

Boker Magnum A-Stan

Enlan EL-01

Price on the Magnum A-Stan - £23.95 ~ $38.25

Price on the Enlan EL-01 - £10 ~ $16

Price on the Boker Baron - £17.95 ~ $29

Price on the Enlan M011 £4.60 ~ $ 7.33

I reckon re-badging costs a lot!

I like your improvements very much, I’m limited to putting phosphor-bronze washers in mine but it does make a lot of difference, yours must be really sweet.
I’ve heard that the Inron MY803 can be a bit lacking in quality control, pity they’re a decent looking knife although I do prefer liner or Axis locks, something to do with the symmetry I think.
I recently bought two Harnds folders, the CK7006 Blazer and the CK6015 very smooth out of the box and very nice knives, the liners are a bit sharp but easily fixed without a stripdown. the Blazer is a monster and the Viper a more gentlemanly knife.

Blazer alongside an Enlan EL-01

Viper, very smooth.

That one’s slipped past me, I’m on a wood scales run at the moment but I’ve got six others in the post and don’t really want to spend any more yet.
I’ll get one next year perhaps, SanRenMu still list them as current production.

Hrvoje.
A couple of years ago I bought one of these.

Elk Ridge Bowie from Blades-U.K.

I have bought from them several times and although they only post out twice a week they were always on the end of the telephone when required. Not budget prices perhaps but they are always there for enquirys.
Elk ridge can be found on a lot of the Chinese websites as well.

Mine came with a tan leather sheath. £2 coin for scale, it’s a big knife.

Slightly off topic, but I couldn’t disassemble Inron MY803 because the screws were locktited, so I had to bore them out. I have feeling that on all my knives, (SRM, Navy, Enlan, Inron), screws are kind of soft.
So I found and ordered this on eBay. That size is for Navy and Inron, Enlan EL01 use M3x5 screws.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111029828297?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I really like the Olive Wood scales.
If you pull up the Character Map then & is U+0026:Ampersand, web addresses are strange things, but then I remember 7character filenames and no spaces ever anywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about the Ka-Bar USMC, great value for money, proven design. Here in the UK they are over $100 but if you bought from the US I guess it’s far cheaper.

I also like the Rat-7, not quite as large as the RTAK II.

You never know when the shelf queen might be grabbed and needed, buy a decent one, doesn’t need to be too pricey :wink:

I heart about Elk Ridge, didn’t know what the quality is like. You have nice knives :wink:

Thanks, just ordered some, I already have some ordered M3 flanged for making pivots well again. :slight_smile:
I have a lot of M3 studding and ran it into an Enlan pivot so I’ve got some M3 nuts, washers and ordinary screws on the way as well.
I have a load of M6 nuts, half nuts and washers, they are perfect for beads on 550 paracord lanyards, already nice and shiny and I get the A4 grade to resist sweat on bracelets with shackles.

Thanks, I think these two are my favourites, top one from British Blades genuine Tanto. Bottom one brought from Bombay by my father at end WWII.

Elk Ridge is good quality for the price