Big lumens light

Hello everyone, a noobie to flashlights, and never knew I’d get hooked. A little background on me. We live on a ranch with good forest land. The night can be an interesting place, predator wise, so we need reliable light sources when out at night by ourselves .

Currently my wife And I have Streamlight 300 lumens rechargeable personal lights, FENIX HD25 headlamp and a Surefire X300 on the shotgun for livestock protection.

What we need is a whole lot more light without spending a fortune.

Welcome to BLF!

Thorfire S70 and/or COnvoy L6 should give you a little sun to carry around

The Thorfire is little more floody and has a strap to carry is around or hang somewhere (like tree branches) and comes with a spare lens.
The Convoy has no step down from Turbo after 3 minutes
Price is about the same and both offer great lumens for the dollar.

Please read the second link in my sig before ordering :wink:

I bought one of those ebay srk 10 led light for 22. And it did the trick for a “cheap light ” very bright and floody.

What’s the budget? What size is optimal? There are a ton of choices between $25-$100 with long range or wide flood or a zoomie combination.

I’d love to have my Weatherby 300 mag with the Maxtoch 2X light mounted on it, over at your place. Hello Wolf, so you want to eat one of my Calves, do you?

Convoy L6 for mega lighting and a MaxToch Shooter 2X for the rifle.

Over 3500 lumens on the L6, superb throw on the 2X with it being made for hunting and weapon mount. The 2X is closer to $100 and takes 2x18650’s, the L6 is around $60 and takes 2x26650 cells.

With those 2 you’ll wonder how you ever made it before.

Welcome aboard!

The Theodore S70 looks perfect. What type of rechargeable batteries would you recommend?

Something small for the shotgun is desirable. I can loosen the budget for this light.

Thanks to all for the advice. Keep it rolling.

There is a Group Buy going on now for the Maxtoch 2X that has been mentioned if you would like to check it out.

Full review with beamshots and tear down also in the OP.

I like the Surefire X300 currently mounted, and will spend for a highly durable, compact, floodlight.

That S70 is really nice.
Did you read the second link in my sig (Li Ion Safety 101)?

No no no, please refrain from buying one of those! Save the 22 bucks because all you will get is a bunch of fake Cree LEDs on a cheap board which will most probably burn within the first hour of turbo operation.

Thorfire S70 and Convoy L6 with both around 3800 lumens out of the box are surely the best bang for the buck at the moment, but these lights are quite huge! Another good performer I can recommend is the Jetbeam T6, 4200 Lumens with 4 emitters in a compact size very similar to the Fenix TK75, but less than half the price.

Or wait for the Q8!

Oh you will be hooked soon, I know it :wink:

K.

welcome. Try the Xtin C8 from MTN Electronics in Salt Lake City, UT. $29 and 1300 lumens in a handy size plus very good throw. Buy a few 18650 rechargeable batteries and an Xtar charger, and BAM! all good. Also for a heftier light with great quality and absolutely awesome light output, try the Convoy L2 for $46.
they ship quickly and are a pleasure to deal with. US company to boot and no drop shipping from China! Thier in stock goods are here in the US.

Another Maxtoch vote here. Ask them to dedomed the led for a tad more throw. I predator hunt with one on a .17 HMR and have another one mounted on my Hog Destruction device, Alexander Arms Beowulf .50. These lights are well worth the money.
Then get some quality batteries from Mtn Electronics while you are ordering. Just ask them, they will set you up with a package that will be hard to beat for 3x the $$.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=622

[quote=Ricflair]
Another Maxtoch vote here. Ask them to dedomed the led for a tad more throw.

The new 2X is actually factory dedomed RF, and with the 4.5 amp board in it.