☢ [Bilakos10 Premium Deals] ● Astrolux FT03 SST-40 ● Astrolux A01 UV ● Seeknite X6S ● JCD 8898 Hot Air Station ● SQ-D60

C8 code expired :frowning:

what is the difference between the TOMO M4 and T4?

lol...It's written 2 posts above

M4: microUSB input for recharging
T4: microUSB+ TypeC input for recharging
S4: microUSB+ TypeC +Apple Lightning input for recharging

dimensions and circuitry should be the same for all of them

THe old V8 was a bit bigger

haha thanks i was still stuck on the previous page

I will try to get some more codes for Monday!

Thanks, for this price I finally pulled the trigger on the boruit rj-02!

I am curious what you guys are buying this DIY powerbank for?

I had this type of 2A output 10000mAh powerbank previously, which I find very painful to use as it takes forever to charge my mobile. When empty, it also takes forever to be charged up again. I have since upgraded to the newer QC2.0 powerbank which charges QC2.0 compatible devices much faster.

CLEAR PLEEEEEEAAAAASSE ! :blush:

well i have other powerbanks to, single cell EasyAcc and XIaomi 10Ah but since i have 18650 spares in my battery box... Also my phone takes 4.A (nominal) when charging (Dash Charging) but with normal chargers it takes 1.5A, so I should be well within specs with TOMO. THe nice thing is that i can pop it in 4 batteries charged very fast in parallel at 12Amps if i'm in a hurry.

I know there are many drawbacks with it, this is the main reason i'm trying to buy it as low priced as possible. Would be nice if such kind of DIY powerbank could exist with Dash charging technology (input & output wise )which is by far superior to QC 3.0, but since it does not...i take what exists. If you got my point

Yes, I do get what you are saying. If the DIY has QC 2.0/3.0 or whatever other type fast charging tech is out there, I would be buying one to try out too. :slight_smile:

I also don’t see a point in buying empty power bank for the price of xiaomi pb,
If only they used the tabs on botch sides, but FYI - the steel springs that all these DIY bank use have very high resistance - think of hair thin wire, (AWG 35 equivalent)
for higher loads “loaded” banks will work much better,
With Xiaomi banks, status switch will also work as on/of swich for xiaomi usb lamp

Any news on Imalent HR20 coupons?

dunno…looking at the photo seems pretty normal, When 1 single cell is loaded they should be able to pass 2 amps may a hitn hair more but (even considering chip losses) it should be no isse, when 4 battery are in, each spring should pass 500mA so i think it’s not a concern. Are you suggesting to spring bypass a powerbank ?

:heart_eyes: :smiling_imp:
P.S: i’m talkin about TOMO, They do look to me like AWG 20-18 or so in HKJ photo

Based on the manufacturer’s claim, when all four slots are occupied, each batteries should be able to do 500mA with those springs. Are those springs made of copper, at the very least?

Springs are not made of copper. This is not a torch, nor a heavy current passing device. The matter is overrated now for this application. Even if it is not copper the section of that material is pretty big enough to carry much more than 2 amps on a single spring. Sorry bilakos for the OT

No worries mate :slight_smile:

2 amps on a single spring made of stainless steel? How can you be so sure about that? You can’t say the matter is overrated without doing some credible real testing of the product. Have you bought the product yourself? No. Have you tested the product yourself? No.

You could search for test on springs on this forum... They have been conducted some time ago. I have not bought the device yet... But as anyone here which does its own experiments at home and feed his own experience, I'm pretty confident.

I wish Henrik did the usual thermal imaging on his review like he usually does on SMPS, but sadly he didn't

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20USB%20battery%20box%20Tomo%20M4%20UK.html

He howere run the device at 2A for 3hours and 20 minutes and did not mention the springs being reddened by joule effect... Instead he mentioned that the problem is the buck converter... So I suggest for this reason to recharge the powerbank before completely empty. Then if you are scared of this. Do run multiple batteries on it, or again do spring bypass... Or do not buy it. People here have torch that reach 70 degrees Celsius while operated at 20+Amps.. This topic its a bit paradoxical in this forum

I Will buy it and test it on my own. I think I did not force anyone buying it. I do not earn something if you buy it. You have your own will

I have a request for the next round:

LUMINTOP Tool Ti Nichia 219BT (NW)

I have taken a note of your request and I will try to get a coupon by Monday.