BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Goodnight my fellow flasholics. I hope you all find, use and give away many lights this coming year!

Where did you get the parts from dudunphy ? Mtn electronics ?

Happy new year to everyone :smiley:

A6 triple with the shorty tube from ReManG is pretty awesome too! :wink:

Yes triple 219c. Tried three types of carclo lenses too!

Just some questions…

What would be the difference between triple 219C an triple XP-L in brightness and throw (with 10507 Carclo Lens) ?
Also , is there a big difference if i choose the Aluminum spacer ?

The XP-L HI will have more total lumens, typically, but the Nichia 219C will draw more current from a cell… in a triple it might be somewhat less lumens but will be getting closer in a quad.

The lower Vf of the Nichia 219C allows a surprising draw on a good high discharge cell, so be prepared for a shorter run time if you go that route. Seriously, I put 4 of em in a Quad Ti X6 and they pull 21 Amps from an LG HE-2! And make quite a bit of heat, so I’d really suggest going with copper under the 219C’s.

If you do a triple XP-L HI, the aluminum sink is probably going to be sufficient… I’m a copper addict so I love using it but you can use aluminum at that point if you wish.

Neither are going to give you what would be considered throw, but the XPL HI will reach further in the Carclo 10507 optic. Not much, but a little.

If you really want the power of a triple, and some throw, step up to the larger CUTE-3 optics at 35mm, they’ll fit in an X6 or D80 and you’ll be surprised at the increased output from the larger lens. Each individual TIR is 17mm, much larger than the 10507 TIR’s. :wink: Nitro has had spacers made for this conversion, Richard should have the 32mm Noctigon to make this easy. For a real kick, get a shorty tube for an X6 from ReManG and build the triple, put the 18350 tube on it. It’s pretty mind boggling.

Than again, the shorty tube on an A6 with a triple 10507 is also pretty amazing, ain’t options grand? :bigsmile:

Edit: Clarification… a triple in the A6 get’s really hot, really fast.

BLF 2016: The Year of Reinventing the Flashbulb

How can you tell? You have no more nerve endings left after building all of your triples and quads. LOL

Easy, I developed a new test method… after 45 seconds I touch the light in question to my wife’s derriere, the higher she jumps the better the light. :wink:

I’ll develop another new method when I get the cast off my right arm and get out of traction…

Thanks again for the info Dale! I will add that you really can’t beat the tint of these nichias! But then again I still don’t have a whole lot to choose from. :wink:

Please help, stuck in 4 mode!

Hey all! Had this light for a couple weeks now. Light came in with 7 mode which I like best.

All of a sudden it is in 4 mode and wont come out? Never tried to mod the light or anything like that. (Little past my know how at this point) Not sure how it happened, never tried to change the modes on purpose.

I have found Toykeepers instruction sheet, and tried to change it back to 7 mode, but it won’t change back. I can access all the other modes strobe, etc. But no going back to 7 mode like I like. I do the fifteen clicks, light go off and blink twice, I turn off as suggested but will not got to 7. I also tried after 4 blinks, same. Am I doing anything wrong? Appreciate any help!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

mine works fine. using 18350 keeppower imr.

Turn off after the first of two blinks. (Or turn off between the two blinks.)

Your tube may be too short on the head end. Compare it to your 18650 tube, the head ends down on a table or other flat surface. If it is short, put a ring of wire in the head, a paperclip is good, straighten it and make a ring the size of the front of the tube. If this fixed it, contact banggood and get a new tube, that one is bad…

I doubt your batteries are bad.

Hawaiian Eyes, try it like Sam said and turn it off between the first two blinks.

Bump it 16 times or til it quits responding, in about 2 seconds it will blink… turn it off. If you wait til the 2nd blink and don’t get it off fast enough it will remain in the group mode it’s in. :wink:

So removing the head on my light dedomed the led. It also almost appears to be a factory dedomed led now. Appears to have a protective layer on the die still.

A known issue with the square centering ring. AFAIK if it still works and you are OK with the tint, no problem. The second batch had a round centering ring so less risk there. Don’t know about later production though.

Phil

I got my A6 in today, threw my freshly charged LG batt into it and noticed it wouldn’t start up on first try… nor second. I lost count how many times it takes me to start it. Once it fires up it does function properly but before it’s on what a pita!

Any ideas? Also… banggood shipped me black anodized version instead of the bare one I bought.

Check the driver and switch retainers for tightness. Can cause intermittent operation like this.

Phil

They don’t budge with a pick inserted and trying to tighten.