BLF A6 SE - How to turn it off ??

I just got the light from Banggood and im noob when it comes to this light.

However I cant get it to turn off. It tried clicking multiple times, to go through all the modes but no off setting.
The lowest is moon mode, but it stays on.

Is there something I am doing wrong ?

Cheers.

One click should turn this off, One click should turn it on.

Are you hearing a click ?

Tried that doesnt turn it off, moon mode is the lowest it goes. The only thing is screwing the tail to the right for on and left for off.

But no memory modes.

Yes I hear the clicks.

Sound like a faulty switch. I will take a look at mine and see if there is anything that can be done. There are many help full people on BLF. Am sure we can figure this out.

If it’s clicking but not going off after it clicks, it is indeed a faulty switch. You can contact banggood to get a replacement, I think there is a special email address somewhere around here.

I just went downstairs to check mine out. I forgot I had taken it apart. I think I will put it back together today.

If anyone has this email address can you please post it here. Thanks.

Had the same problem recently, I’ve been trying short tubes and leaving lights on moonlight overnight to see how they last as emergency lights

Found a BLF A6 the next morning that would not shut off regardless of clickery. Distinct, audible, clicks I could feel. Long hold, short hold. Tried everything.
The problem survived even a brief interruption by unscrewing the head momentarily — light went out of course but came back in the same moon only mode, again nothing from any switch.

I took the head off for a few minutes.
When I put it back on, the switch behavior was back to normal and it hasn’t happened again.

Peculiar.

I’ve had that problem with various lights, caused by various things. Sometimes after screwing around they worked fine and I never did figure out what happened.
Tighten the switch plate and the driver retaining ring in case it’s a ground issue. Try running it with the reflector removed, or loosened for the same reason. These are the most common causes to check first.

Check this thread. The email address I was thinking of is in the OP.

I got mine put back together. Baffled that OP can switch modes.

Good Day RunYouFools,

The email address is: heyanqing1@banggood.com

Best Regards,

George

Thanks George. Email sent.

Could be the metal tab on the side of the button that should not contact the housing is touching it (maybe the solder joint sticks out too much) - if you take it apart and put back together, the position changed slightly and it doesn't touch anymore (there's usually a gap, slop space) - I'd use kapton tape to block it, or something like that - could even use electrical tape to isolate it - it's not a high heat area of the light. Just an idea to check out.

Hmm. Does my tail soldering look OK :

BLF A6 Tail

I'm talking bout the solder of the switch itself - the 2 contact pts. But from the pic, you see how off center the PCB is? That could cause what I'm talking about. The PCB that the spring is soldered to should be well centered under the retaining ring.

Sounds like a faulty tail cap switch, or the tail cap spring is shorted to the tail cap body keeping the circuit closed. (foreign metal material, strand of wire, or shorted switch contacts.

I took it apart, I guess you meant this:

BLF Tail Switch

What I noticed is one side has solder missing on the switches leg as you can see, while the other side had solder covering the entire leg of the switch (not shown in pic).

Is it meant to have more solder or less.?

Is there a pic of a healthy switch so I can compare it to mine.

its possible to have to much solder there as it looks like in that pic, ( can’t see the other side) but to much solder flowed to the edge of the PC board could short the spring side contact to the tail cap body, shorting it to on continuously.

Update:

I contacted BangGood and they sent me a new tail switch.

I installed it and it works fine now, turns off no problem and switches modes fine.

Happy :slight_smile: