BLF customized Tank007 Lights: Which would you be interested in?

I've never noticed a greenish tint with my XP-G R5 bins, but maybe that's just me.

According to this the final emitter choice is a cool white R2 instead of an R5 due to R5’s having a greenish tint. No way I’d want an R2 with this. My choice would be a neutral R4. If it’s an R2 I’m definitely “out” on this model.

r2/r5 is really no big deal since you can't see the difference anyway (it's like people complaining about q3 instead of q5, when a good light w/ p4 beat any of them), but tint is huge difference. still no confirmation on tint for e07.

R5 has a much larger center spot and is a little more floody. Side by side I'm sure you would definitely see a difference.

I really wish that people would stop identifying led emitter types by their bins... when a beginner makes that mistake.. that can happen... but when even the long term members are using the terminology wrong... the beginners have no chance of getting it right. Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Also generalisations like "all XP-Gs with an R5 bin have a green tint" is very confusing and at least to my knowledge and the flashlights I own , just not true.

Vectrex already implied it, but you should take a look at the emitter model #.

Also, if it's truly "outdoor white", then it's worth buying because that's 4000-5000K, not the crappy 6.5kK+ of the usual cheapo lights.

Since the E07 is the one I'm most interested in, I found it disheartening to hear that it couldn't be had in another tint, or with a clip, or mode agreement. So....

I made my own blf special E07: High CRI xp-g, infinately variable, and a pocket clip. What more can you ask for? Wink

I'll try and get the build post up later tonight.

Those little lights need clips. I Have enough stuff like a phone and change in my pockets. Any knife or light I carry has to have a clip.

[quote=Langcjl] Those little lights need clips. I Have enough stuff like a phone and change in my pockets. Any knife or light I carry has to have a clip. [/quote]

Ask and you shall receive. Build here. It took me about half an hour while sitting in the lawn chair with a pair of pliers and a couple of small files.

Please Tank...if you see this, put a clip on these lights. It's not hard...

I was only quoting what handy had said about the greenish tint but i still say a nice neutral “cree xp-g r4” would be a better choice over an “cree xp-g r2” or an “cree xp-g r5”. Ideally I’d rather see an under driven “cree xm-l t6” or “cree xm-l t5” in it but that’s not gonna happen.

the xpg -r2 outdoor whites ..are 4000 to 5300 ...and neutrals are .. 3700 to 5000 . My question is what is the difference in the outdoor whites being a 70 cgi vs the neutrals at 89 cgi ...?

I'd also like to know if the r2 being in the top slot of the outdoor white means it's the highest and closest to an r5 .. doest that mean it's at the 5300k end of the 4000 to 5300 k...? sadly I just don't know enough about tints ..any help here ?

Notes:

• Cree maintains a tolerance of ±7% on flux and power measurements and ±2 on CRI measurements.

• Typical CRI for Cool White and Neutral White (3,700 K - 10,000 K CCT) is 75.

• Typical CRI for Outdoor White (4,000 K - 5,300 K CCT) is 70.

• Typical CRI for Warm White (2,600 K - 3,700 K CCT) is 80.

• Minimum CRI for 80-CRI White is 80.

• Minimum CRI for 85-CRI White is 85.

• Minimum CRI for 90-CRI White is 90.

http://www.cree.com/products/pdf/XLampXP-G.pdf

Saw the build, and it's nice... so, any chance you're willing to do a small production run for the rest of us poor SOB's and we can skip this dance? :P

I really hate it when I type out a lengthy post on my phone only to find out later that it never actually made it on to the thread…

Anyway, You are completely right about the R2 comment I made. I am so used to hearing the "R2" used in reference to the XR-E model that I forget that "other" R2 is the XP-G version. Only the XR-E R2 has a 90 degree viewing angle while the XP-G R2 is 125 degrees viewing angle and IS just as wide as the "R5" (XP-G).

That said, I can understand why folks like Vectrex get upset by members referring to emitters by their bin alone. I can see how confusing it would be for a noob since I was just as confused and I should really know better. I will do my best to not repeat that mistake. ;)

An XP-G R2 would certainly be acceptable, especially if it is a nice neutral one. I'd still rather a neutral XM-L. :P

Johnny (never too old to learn or change) Mac

I used a clip from eastward yj-j08

and today I received an email from Tank007, they said TK567 will have a pocket clip included soon, it has been originaly designed with a clip actualy.

I am still waiting for them to be completed

Very nice handy! I will send them a link to those pictures. Thanks!

The Tank looks like a cross between a Hugsby 31 and a hand grenade .

Tk-737 if they can drive it @ 2.8-3 a on high then maybe 1.5a mid then low and super low. [2]

Is the customised TK-737 ever going to go ahead or is it dead in the water?

I doubt it.

I ran across this on eBay, it looks interesting...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000L-Focus-CREE-XML-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Light-Use-3x-AAA-18650-Battery-/270818115906?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3f0e048142

TK 736 is available now( XM-L) but if it could be done with a latest generation smaller emitter for tighter focus but still 600-800 Lumens- could be great, IMO.