BLF D80v2 (WildTrail) now at nealgadgets @ $27.70 (coupon: NDD80V2), Paypal; Beamshots vs. lights posted in several posts

Same with me here bro!

Btw, Paypal is accepted in nealsgadgets.

Received my BLF D80v2 with optional Convoy holster from Neal today:

Beamshots versus the Nightwatch NI40 s2wp and Klarus XT12GT tomorrow…

Looks great! I’m not sure if I made the right decision going for the ano vs no ano though.

@tatasal
Thank you for the update, looks awesome :+1: hopefully mine will come soon it kind of got lost some place on the 9th and no more updates since. :person_facepalming:

Cheap shipping and tracking from China is at best, unpredictable! We just roll the dice and wait for your luck….but mostly on the positive side though.

The Nightwatch NI40 w/ Osram S2WP led (left) and the BLF D80v2 with SST40:

The BLF D80v2 is actually not bad when compared to the much bigger reflectored NI40, and with the gorgeous tint of the sst40, it’s really nice.

Thanks for posting pictures of the Convoy holster with the light. If anyone has a better option please post. I’ll try all of the ones I have.

Wow! That D80 seems to actually have a cleaner, tighter beam, at least to my eyes! :open_mouth: :nerd_face:

SST-40 is much smaller and easier to focus in a reflector around the size of those two.

Thanks for the shots of the 5000K SST-40, I picked up a light with that emitter due to these.

The SST-40 5000K in the D80v2 is really good and I’m a tint snob. Hope to see more lights use this emitter instead of the XP-L HI

The BLF D80v2 SST40 compared to the Klarus XT12GT xhp35hi d4 CW:

Are you sure that the exposure is the same in the two pictures above? From the house in the background on the right it seems that the exposure with the D80V2 is a bit longer.

In those two beam shots, all parameters are in default mode of my OnePlus 7 Pro phone.

The slight spill of the D80 gives the impression of longer exposure.

:sunglasses:
I’m convinced, these shots really look like a precise comparison, thanks. And the D80 is a really good performer, with its compact size!

Love my D80v2 SST40 and a big fan of the 5000K below BBL tint. However, in that comparison photo, the XT12GT has a much more intensed and focused beam and the head size should be similar so I think it is very impressive but the D80v2 beam shape makes for a good well rounded walking light.

At 3 times higher price than the D80, the XT12GtT should perform more.

Yes, the comparison photo show the gorgeous tint of the sst40. :+1: :beer:

The BLF D80v2 sst40 (4700k to 5000k) compared to the Nitecore EC4S XHP50:

Got mine recently. STS-40 with the 4k tint which is pretty orangey. I thought would be more of dedicated pocket thrower I was pleasantly surprised it has a pretty fat hotspot and good bright spill. Pretty wide spill too. Surprisingly walk friendly. Great configurable UI of course and cool blocky retro look. It has aggressive heat management which is good. I live in a hot area and can keep it up to 70ish% continuously (does get pretty warm all the way from head to tail though). Smaller than I thought but great performer. Keeper for me and I tend to be picky with lights.

Quick question for those of us that have the original, how does the old vs. new compare?