[BLF Group Buy Interest List] Sofirn SP33S High CRI Edition: the GT-FC60 R9080 saga! (Brightness numbers are in!))

Interested in 5000-5500k
Thanks

Added.

Interested

Interested in the ~4000K, thanks!

Nice, I’m in!

BlueSwordM, any word on how the FC-60 is performing in this light compared to something like an FC-40? In another, related thread, it seemed there was some disappointing information about the FC-60

Post #221

@Tatteredmidnight, nothing yet, which is why I’m waiting on numbers from Getian, but current approximate numbers and manufacturer specifications tell a whole different story…

Basically, on their samples, it says: “4000-4500lm”, while on my samples, it just said “2500lm”.

If I got god damn bamboozled with the samples, I think I’ll just go freaking ballistic honestly.

I’m hopeful that Sofirn will get much better numbers than I did, and if they do, I think I won’t be very happy.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

It would definitely leave a sour taste in the mouth if they tried to unload a bunch of low bin emitters on you while making sure Sofirn, a large and well established manufacturer, gets either representative or cherry picked samples!

I think lessons will be learned regardless of the outcome, and we may need reliable partners, possibly in country, to work with these manufacturers to get what we want.

We are lucky to have companies like Sofirn and Convoy who really emphasize their community engagement and are willing to partner on this sort of thing. Even these companies are probably very small volume wise compared to other potential customers (industrial, light bulb, automotive, etc).

I really hope you can salvage something positive from this, and hopefully the rest of the BLF community understands how difficult what you are trying to do really is.

Thanks for your hard work, I hope it is rewarded in the end.

Interested

Interested

Interesting question from Sofirn:

“BTW recently, more people said that the flashlight can be turned on when it is carried in pocket or backpack when people forget to lock. Engineer wants to change UI to a double clicks to turn on for safety concern. Do you think double clicks to turn on a good change?”

Personally, I would prefer a long click. What would be your preference?

I have an Acebeam E70 with double clic for on and I find it terrible. Long clic is as well in my opinion. A recessed switch is the proper solution but they’re not going to modify the host.

What they could do is use Anduril with auto lock out as default.

Double click for turbo.
Single click for on.
Anduril for the win.

Are they thinking of the change just for this model or a more global approach to their line? I hope not the latter.

Agree…recessed switch, auto lockout…better choices. If it must be button press then long press instead of double click, but it needs to account for the button being mashed continuously in a pack or pocket or whatever (longer than one second = no response, or similar…can’t recall now but it seems like I have/have had a light just like that).

Double click needs to remain sort of sacred for turbo, imho.

I don’t understand why they are so resistant to tweaking hosts (or pocket clips, for that matter). They seem to have had a somewhat recent shift in thinking.

I would never buy a light that used double click to turn on…Were big boy and can lock out from accidental turn ons.

Heavens no. Neither. Either anduril-style lockout or mechanical.

Yeah, “double click” on is not that great.

For my use cases of night photography, when precision lighting and timing of that lighting is required, single click only is acceptable. Switches can be mechanically designed to reduce the chance of accidental activation.

1C on/off is a staple of good flashlight UI design. I would rather have a risk of accidental activation than use 2C or 1H just to turn the light on.

The light has both electronic and mechanical lockout modes already. Users can employ those solutions if they find accidental activation to be a problem.

If Sofirn want lockout mode to be more functional, use Anduril. It’s got the most functional lockout mode I am aware of.

As others have already said, if accidental activation is prevalent, that means the switch is poorly designed. The correct solution would be to redesign the switch, but that is extremely unlikely.

Both, double click and long click are bad ideas. I prefer to slightly unscrew the light, if there is a chance of switching on by its own.