BLF Interest list for Very High Current Beryllium Copper springs Pt1(ENDED)

Nice to know this will still happen, thanks BSM.

Of course.

Now that I have the small and big springs, I’ve started building the orders up.

I’ll start ship them next Tuesday. I’ve had a full week of studying and working, so really couldn’t commit much time to this group buy.

The next two weeks will be shipping the orders that have been paid, since I’ll have some free time.

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread… Am I correct that they are shipping to you and then you have to re-ship them? I haven’t missed time to pay yet have I? Sorry if I am missing something obvious…

You haven’t missed anything really important.

They ship the springs to me, I test their mechanical properties and electrical ones, and I ship them.

On the topic of the small springs, I have to say they are quite a bit stiffer. That was to be expected since the wire/diameter ratio is higher than the big spring, resulting in increased stiffness.

You said you will be shipping orders that have been paid but I haven't got anything from you saying to pay yet or where to pay?

I’ll start taking new payments Friday evening. I’ll then start sending PMs. Do not message me please, so I can organize it better.

This is because you are not one of those people who had a large order of the big springs that paid a couple weeks ago. Don’t you remember? I think it was 4 or 5 people.

The rest of us, about 60 people, have smaller orders. So now that he has the smaller springs, he can count up and seperate all these thousands of springs into packages. Then he can send out the invoices.

Don't remember because I abandoned this thread and just came back today!

I look forward to getting my order of these new springs.

The driver bypass-wire direct to MCPCB-positive scheme used on the TA and Mtn drivers is a nice idea, but it gets to be a pain if you have to keep revising a light due to stupid reasons (short in the driver, forgetting to flash the driver, discovering the firmware isn’t configured properly for the voltage divider, filing down the MCPCB so it can move enough to center properly). At some point the lead becomes too short and too crusty, and replacing it means removing the spring & redoing the bypass.

For most lights, I’ll be content to have good springs (either alone, or nested) and solder the lead to the top side of the driver.

Yeah, and with the small springs, you will be able to make a dual spring array.

By doing this with dual BeCu springs, the array will be able of handle 20A currents with ease. So, should replace most bypasses unless you need the absolute highest power level.

25+25 for me please, if I’m not too late.

Sorry, can’t.

There are no more big springs available anymore. :weary:

Maybe in the next batch.

You can have my order of 20+20 if you want!

@klrman, don’t worry about him. I’ll send you YOUR springs.

Rusty will go on the next big spring batch, and get the small springs afterwards, as there aren’t many more of them left.

I’ll update the Excel file in the OP.

There are NO big springs left, and only 292 small springs left.

Oh, ok, I didn't know you had a second batch coming.

Yeah. Once I ship all the orders of the first batch, I’ll start a last big spring batch, and I’ll have to find an online retailer to sell these springs internationally.

Can see FT, BG, GB and Ali all wanting to sell them.

You could contact Neal, he might be interested in selling them as well.

Hmm, I never actually thought about Neal.

For the US guys, I’ll just ask Richard if he could sell them.

For all of us not in the US, like me, I’ll just ask Neal if he could sell them, and perhaps sell them on other platforms if he has contacts there, specifically Fasttech.

That would be amazing! I’d be most interested as postage from US to Europe plus tax (and tax handling fee) would be just a little bit less then ordering full batch from China probably :smiley:
So you can tell Neal there is already a queue :wink: