BLF Interest list for Very High Current Beryllium Copper springs Pt1(ENDED)

Where can I get such a “bad” spring?

Any suggestions where to get one? I know MTN E only carries low resistance ones. Maybe Richard has some crap performance ones laying around he can’t sell?

Oh. Thought you had one.

When I replace the springs on my Q8, the old ones had such thin gold coatings that the plating came off easily on the big ones.

My springs still look good. Gold coated. (Old pics)

Maybe sanding the coating off the small end would add resistance?

Yes, it would work, although I don’t think it’ll help too much with an XHP 70.2

You have nothing to lose though :slight_smile:

Also, loosen the retaining rings a bit. You saw how much power you can lose just from a loose one in the 21700 C8F.

I haven’t been following this thread. I hope I’m not to late to jump in. I’d be interested in 30 small and 30 large. Let me know if still possible. Thanks

BlueSwordM, could you please add me to the waiting list for 20 big and 20 small springs? How much is shipping to Europe? Thank you for the effort of making those very special springs available in small quantities!

I wanted to register interest in ~25 more of both the small & large springs.

I put four of each from my original order into a Q8, and I have two more Q8s. Suddenly my original twenty five of each doesn’t seem excessive and I feel like hoarding impulses have been triggered.

Yea I will run out in a few months too, less if I go digging into old lights to revamp.

No problem.

I’ll send a last PM to the people who haven’t responded yet, and if they don’t, something is going to happen so you can get some extra springs.

On another note, unless I change my mind, the next spring batches will have have silver plated springs instead of a nickel plating, granting it a nice boost in contact resistance, and slight increase in conductivity.

The only thing is that they will cost 20% more, so instead of 0,30$/spring, it’ll cost 0,36$US/spring. So a bit more expensive, but worth it.

As long as it’s not gold though, which would cost a stupidly high 0,75$US/spring.

After having the first batch in our hands I don’t think you will be lacking for people to sign up for the next batch. :smiley:

I’m in for another 20 of each, 40 in total when ever your ready to place another order BlueSwordM.
Silver is fine by me, the less resistance the better.

The nice thing about silver is that silver oxide is also an electrical conductor.

But hey, a few dimes and nickles more for gold plating won’t worry me at all if you choose gold again.

Yeah, but instead of costing around 365$US(without shipping and taxes), it’ll cost 750$US+ to order a bunch of gold springs, which would be very costly for me. Going with gold would obviously be the best, although the difference would not be as large as going from nickel-silver, than silver-gold, which is the reason I chose it.

And silver is better in most cases for spring usage in our flashlights, due to the fact that they are in an enclosed space.

I also calculated, with some input with the manufacturer, that the electroplated silver layer, in a single bath, could easily be 20um thick, and the gold plating would be around 5-6um thick, and cost much more.

So finally, I chose silver as a plating material. Best of both worlds, being way better than nickel while still being close to gold as the best spring contact material for our purposes.

Good choice BSM!! Glad you passed on the Gold…. price is to much. :wink:

I’ll be in on the new batch with electroplated silver.

So, here are the members that I’ve PMed, but that did not respond:

giorgoskok

fritz15

gleamer

Nicolicious (Refused)

I will be giving them 2 days to respond, with another message, starting today at 17:10PM. So at 2018-11-25, I will be giving the springs to other people.

So, here are the people that will be shipped tomorrow:

jtm94

johnkey68

mattlward

Kawiboy1234

tatasal

The people below did not want the springs, or didn’t respond in time after several weeks and reminders:

giorgoskok: 30 large + 30 small (Taken!)

Nicolious: 20 large + 20 small (Taken!)

gleamer: 50 large + 50 small (Taken!)

fritz15: 15 large + 15 small (Taken!)

Leave a message for which order you want. One per person!

The only people left to fulfill the orders are teacher and Lexel, which are exceptions I’m currently taking care of right now.

Got my order of 25/25 springs. Thanks!! I'm talking with Tracy at Sofirn, recommending the large springs for use in the Q8 - dunno if it can happen but she may try contacting you.

The Sofirn Q8 has some minor improvements, but biggest difference is the XPL HI's - I measured just over 100 kcd in stock form with 30Q BT's. Think these springs would work well in it, we'll see. Just might upgrade it with the springs with a detailed before/after tests.

Honestly, you’ll be very impressed with them.

I actually did a tailcap mod a while back, and here are the numbers.

My lumen numbers on the Q8 with the normal lens and steel screws were 5230 lumens.

My numbers on the Q8 with the Kaidomain AR lens were 5649 lumens at 30 seconds, with brass screws. I didn’t actually gain as much as expected with the brass screws, since the steel screws were tightened to the max and have a very wide contact area. The AR lens made the highest increase.

My numbers on the Q8 XP-L HD with the replaced springs and AR lens are now at 6764 lumens! at 30 seconds, with brass screws.

If you don’t have the same result as me(lower), then it’s probably due to the lack of an AR lens. You should still see very nice boost in brightness.

If you had the XP-L HD version, you’d probably be getting around 6400-6500 lumens at 30 seconds.

Yeah, I modded a bunch with bypass wires, but it's a PITA, so looks like these springs get bout the same results, but 6700 is wayy up there with my best Q8 mods, I think what I recall... I also swap the FET's to better ones: SIRA20DP or the Infineon one. Also used UCL and UCL/p lens.