BLF Led sign

Very impressive!
I prefer it with no text or the text below the image.

!!

To be honest, this is already causing me a bit too much stress. I think I’ll bail out here and let someone else who can please everyone take over.
It was a pleasure, now it’s a bit of a nightmare I wished I hadn’t suggested. So, I’m gonna leave it right there. Sorry, I tried.

Perhaps it would be easier to read if the the L and F were thinner? It would give the F a tiny bit more bottom.

Edit: Or make the LF body itself taller, to give the F a tiny bit more bottom.

G0ose,

You’re all good man, plenty of great ideas you’re bringing! This BLF, people are contributing free in their spare time, and thats all we can do. You’re never going to please them all, and too stressful to try.

I have projects I’m obligated to complete first to keep the lights on and my family fed, so when those are complete I’ll use my spare time to focus on stuff like this.

We’ll get some cool stuff out there, but from my end it won’t overnight.

Have a great day sir! onward and upward.

Trying to please everyone is a fool’s errand. Take a break and relax. I have a feeling this project will be here for a while.

Oops, I put this in the wrong place to start with, so here it is in the right place, I think.

———————-

Goose, that’s an interesting logo sign functionally, though not to my liking graphically.

Probably already discussed somewhere, but I think the BLF community should coalesce around a standard marketing logo for all of its products. I know your sign isn’t the usual flashlight offering, but still, a sign is a good idea and you know how to make them, so please don’t give up the ghost here (smile).

The BLF letters seem pretty well set these days and the thing I would add are some words to the existing logo letters: “The Future of Flashlights.” This gives the public both a logo, which means nothing in particular to them, and some words which tell them instantly what they are dealing with, flashlights. For retailers who wish to carry the BLF line, a lit sign would be a nice touch. The general public is not going to respond to the words “Budget Light Forum.” What does that mean? IBM uses just letters as their logo and the words it stands for are unimportant really. It is the logo letters themselves that are identifiable to a known company. If I were a merchant wanting to carry a new line of flashlights, I might want a lit sign to say:

BLF – The Future of Flashlights

Or something like that.

It’s not my sign though. :wink: nor was it my design.

That is fantastic etching/engraving BTW. Love it.

Can we discuss about the logo?
It doesn’t look very professional.
The logo which is used on the Q8, the GT and so on looks way better i.m.o.
We can call it the new BLF logo if we can come to a good logo together with the agreement of BLF members.

I want to disagree and argue against the design, use of other people’s trademarked logos, and any font that smacks of Comic Sans, but I also don’t want to derail this “I made a cool thing!” thread into a contentious argument over a related, but different topic.

That said, this has been covered before.
Q8 Logo Discussion
GT Logo Discussion

If anyone wants to re-open this particular can of worms, lets start a new thread specifically on what we’d like as the major design elements in a BLF logo.

I don’t think we have to decide on a BLF LOGO, i did this for fun and was going to offer some small pre lit signs like on my first post (still going to) but if anyone wanted something different on there sign is also fine……

Correct, this is not about an official BLF logo. Just some fan art.

That’s still a cool sign. I can see myself using one of these to show off my light shelf. :+1:

amishbill, my apologies for trying to hijack the conversation. I guess I’m just excited about BLF becoming a company that designs great flashlights. This, as a worldwide egalitarian place for all things flashlight, a “company” may not be possible or even desirable. The association between BLF and flashlight companies is going well. If a logo topic comes up I’ll pay attention. Given consensus, Goose could build a nice lit sign, along with the design above. And thanks again for the LT1 cheat sheet. Off topic I know (smile).

kinda liking this one

!!

I like the blunt claim too :sunglasses:

It looks like BLF has 30306 users. So how about it says “30306 Lumens”

Great design! IMO, very professional looking. If BLF had a brick and mortar store this would be the ultimate sign!

Keep it up!

I agree. Lights-Out did a very professional job :slight_smile: