*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Yes.

High drain/low resistance cells are better to use in cold temps.

HOWEVER, NEVER RECHARGE BELOW 0C.

30Q’s are on sale at Banggood because of their Astrolux lights being 4x18650 they will stay stocked I bet.

Not to mention you already know Sofirn is going to have a button top 3000mAh bundled version cause they do with all their other lights. The one I got with my Sofirn headlamp tests out at 3000mAh as rated so it’s good enough.

Hmmm……… BG says they only have 1, is there a limit or are they running out. Wish it was free shipping.

Please add me to the interest list for 1 light

Only 1 of what? A particular 18650 cell? If you’re referring to the LT1, it isn’t even manufactured yet.

Last week i received a dozen BT 30Qs from BG:

With a coupon from one of the BG deals thread somewhere here, they came out at $14.59 per set of four. Ordered june 10 - deal may have changed. No storage box though.
See: Archive topic - Banggood & Fin17

Already on the list for one but please add a 2nd lantern for a total of 2.
Thanks!

I was under the impression this lantern would be offered with a set of cells as well as lantern only?

perhaps that’s planned for further down the line. Difficult enough getting batteries shipped to me these days, even if Sofirn are a little more expensive I’d happily pay it for the convenience.

I just got confirmation from Barry that they will offer it both with batteries as a package and without batteries.

That is just smart business. Give the customer what he wants, and increase sales in the process! :smiley:

Are those the same as the “18650 Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh High Discharge Flat ” for $6 at Illumn.com ???

Kinda, but not really. :stuck_out_tongue:

The flat-tops from ILLUMN you mentioned won’t work with the lantern without a solder-blob added to the top.

They were born in the same factory, but the MTN ones have a protection circuit added to the bottom and button added to the top.

@Toykeeper: is the candle mode custom designed for this two tint light? - two different flickering actions on the two output channels 3000k and 5000k? Not sure whether it is worth the effort but it looks like tempting to make the candle mode polytint somehow…

Did you consider sampling a real candle to infer some kind of brightness stochastic function or frequency set? - just making that up. Using a long sample would be best IMO, but would require too much memory i imagine?

[/quote]

I just got confirmation from Barry that they will offer it both with batteries as a package and without batteries.
[/quote]

That will help a lot of people out.

Hey Den, do you know anything about the cells Sofirn will offer? will they be clones of some sort or is there any chance we can get them with something reliable like NCRs.

Also, aside from button tops, would protected cells work well in the LT1?

Thanks for all the hard work once again, you and the team should all be very very proud of your baby!

Their cells are good cells & test at their rated capacities. the longer Protected cells does work in the LT1, as will non-protected, but both must be button-tops, ( or flat tops with the solder blob added.)

Just my guess, Sofirn supplies batteries with lot of their light. They have their own wrapper for the cells they provide. below is just an example

regarding protected cells, so long as they can deliver an amp or two they would work fine.

Edit: DBSAR beat me to the punch.

Just checked in on this thread after a while and noticed the April 17 prototype photo shows a USB-C port. Nice! This lantern will replace my Fenix CL25R.

Yep, USB-C is the interface.

Very glad to see this. Micro USB is workable, but the unidirectional plug orientation is a PITA… plus introduces unnecessary wear to the socket from periodic attempts with incorrect orientation. USB-C pretty much cuts back on premature wear by 2 to 3 times.