*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

I am unsure about that. ( Also you’re post # 6000 :smiley:

Well, I know that Sofirn has the Q8 driver for sale at their AliExpress shop. Also, Lexel sells his drivers on BLF. I’m hoping one of them will offer it for sale. This driver was designed by Lexel, right?

Yes

Its likely the drivers can be available then separately. Which would be a good idea for modders who want an extra driver.

@SIGShooter: Put me down for 1 please.

I’ve written, then cancelled before posting, the above request at least a half a dozen times over the past year :person_facepalming: .

@DBSAR: No problem using your phone camera, but a focus lock would help tremendously. If you use Android, then Open Camera is a superb camera app that allows locking focus, exposure, white balance, and offers lots of other controls. In Locked focus mode you can touch to focus if you can see or reach the screen; touch again to refocus elsewhere.

I’m fine with the new bail setup as the holes appear to go all the way through. This means that the small bail could be removed and replaced with a larger, external bail if desired. I prefer large bails that you can fit your whole hand into, but the factory bail is probably the most versatile option for most users as it makes the light more compact and a paracord handle or something could be added, if desired.

Not sure of a good solution, but having everything in the first post means that every press of the post Preview button loads the entire first post with all images and GB list. That’s a rather large bandwidth load on the server (and clients), but I understand why the first post is used this way as it allows people to catch up with the project in one place.

I wonder, however, if perhaps the first post could be a shorter “announcements-only” post and the second post, if reserved, could be used for the chronological progress and photos. I’m not complaining; I’m just wondering if there’s some way to improve this as I’ve noticed this same issue on other threads, though perhaps not to this degree thanks to the multi-year duration of this project :wink: .

I’m off to look for batteries…

…Found some batteries. I’m in the U.S., so that’s my shipping destination.

Banggood has 4-pack of Samsung 35E protected button-tops for $17.99 through August 20. Shipping to the U.S. is $5.37, which gives a total price of $5.84 per cell if you uncheck shipping insurance during checkout.

This price is actually similar to, or slightly higher than, some of the coupon deals available through the usual suspects on this forum, so don’t fret if you don’t order by Aug. 20. There are existing codes for the 4-pack listed above and they should be active again after the current discount expires. You never know with Banggood, though.

I haven’t found anything better unless you buy from Aliya’s or Lucky’s on AliExpress and shipping can substantial for li-ions from those stores as well. AX is a risky place to buy li-ions, but these two sellers have been reported to ship legitimate cells in the recent past. Not sure if this remains true, but their feedback is still okay.

Aliya’s has a 4-pack of LG MJ1 3500mAh’s for $15.49 plus $3.16 shipping to the U.S. They are flat tops, though, and would require solder blobs to work in the LT1.

Also at Aliya’s, there’s a 4-pack of Sanyo GA 3500mAh’s for $20.20 plus $3.16 shipping to the U.S. These are button tops.

I’d rather buy from a U.S. seller, but everything I’ve found so far is at least $30 for 4 cells and shipping.

This is so exciting! Been following this for quite a while and I’m so happy this is making such progress!

Hi, is there a post with the final specs and features? I want to share some info among friends and see if I can up my order amount.

Thanks

If any post except the first post is updated, it re-directs anybody looking for “new” posts. Which sounds okay, until you think about having several new posts at the end of the thread, and post #2 is updated. Then, you will be directed to post #2, and will have to hunt down the new posts at the end of the thread yourself. If you pay attention to how many new posts it says there are, you can count back from the end. But it’s still a pain.

One thing that came to my mind while reading your post, though, that might work, is using links to "update" post #1. So, the OP would put all the new information, including pictures, in a new post at the end of the thread, then update post #1 with a link to that new post. This way, anybody that is already following along will have all the newest info "inline" with the thread. And anybody that looks to post #1 for updates can still follow all the links to the various updates throughout the thread, but won't have to sit through ALL the pics trying to load at once on a single page.

This looks really great! Like many others, I’ve made an account to sign up for this.

Please put me down for 1 unit. Thank you very much!

Sofirn will have a specification sheet/list on their sales site, but for now i will try to update the one i created based on the current design.

I bought 4 Sanyo 3500GA flat top (work fine in my BLF & Sofirn Q8 lights) for $22, Free ship on $50 order (took 2days to get here)
The positive terminal is proud, raised, enough to make contact in all my 18650 popcan lights. They have the button top model at $24 for 4.

Will batteries be included? Or should I stock what type of 18650 batteries?

Sofirn may include an extra-cost option for those who want to buy batteries with the lantern, if not you can use any high capacity button top 18650s. (no need for High drain cells, high capacity cells are more practical.

I like the sound of that. Getting everything in one box would be great.

I think this is a great idea.

If I ever start a thread that needs it, I’ll be sure to do it this way.

I used to believe in always updating Post #1, but I think now that updating inline and maybe just putting a short summary of the update, and a link to the inline post in post #1, would keep the flow of the thread better, and keep post #1 from getting too large to follow. (or to load, with all those pictures!)

In for one

If i had reserved post # 2 and #3 i could do that, but as it is now i don’t think i can shorten or fix it. Next time i start a big thread i will do that.

Please place me on the interest list