*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

as a night glow light, the orange glow (or flame flicker depending on the mode) is on par to that of the coals of a smoldering camp fire. it is perfect for sleeping at night as a night light. it will have two glow brightness, low & higher.

You dang high-mantenance Snowlandians… :wink:

If you want a closer match, send me a picture with the right shade in it and I can color-sample it.

That’s close :smiley:

Is it closer to the border of your user icon?
I’d like to get it ‘right’ before making the file available.

Tell me what color it should be according to this site and I’ll fix it.
color reference

Probably close to #FFB347 (difficult to really see as monitors show oranges & yellows differently. but here is a photo of the button. to the eyes its closest to a glowing camp fire ember.

I can work with that - thanks.

In related news, I’ve posted a new topic to see if there’s interest in buying pre-wrapped battery sets. Pre-Made BLF LT1 Battery Interest Thread

I went one step too far, and just copied the button out of your pic. It looks a lot like the lantern light color when scaled down. I can turn it into a fill of the darker orange if that looks better. Heck - let me do that anyway… The difference is subtle. I don’t know why I tried to keep the texture of your pic - it will be practically invisible in the final product.
Amber 2

Amber 3

the actual light looks more orange than in that photo. (camera didn’t really get the shade correct.) to the eye its very close to that of a glowing fire hot coals.

Plain red on top, and orang-ish below.

Please add me to the list. Thank you.

yep the orange one.

It may not matter in the least, but that is the first logo that was unbalanced. They revised the logo to a much cleaner version some time after that one.

Hey, you think he’d obsess over getting the exact color of the button and NOT care about the Logo? Thanks for bringing it up, because I’m sure he’d kick himself if it came up later, after he’d printed hundreds or even thousands of the labels already! :open_mouth:

I noticed that it wasn’t perfectly balanced, but I put that down to BLF and LT1 not being of equal length. Did someone rekern it or…???

If anyone has a quality copy (.psd, .ai, .xcf, etc) of the “good” logo, please share it with me.

2 lanterns for me thanks

Interested. Please put me down for one

This was posted by Lagittaja on page 136, post # 4061.
Font: Exo 2 Black

I quite like the black and white logo personally.

lol. while you guys are obsessing over the batteries. i’m hoping we can still somehow get a bright pink light as rendered a bunch of pages back. Ain’t nobody gonna steal it and easy to spot. :beer:

but of course, i’ll settle for a red or of course a black. :smiley:

There are several suggested options shown on that page, but I don’t see that any were adopted as the official logo.

Checking about a quarter-mile down the first post, the official logo appears to be the one I’m using.