*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Two more for me please.

Interested in one

Put me in for a second one please

This all sounds amazing! Please put me down for one!

I am interested in getting one!

Interested in 1

This looks awesome.
Definitely interested.
Edit: saw they’re aiming for ~$50

I carry the lantern around a lot. My Q8 has been feeling lonely ever since the lantern arrived.

It’s a bit heavy — 658 g with cells installed — but it works really well, illuminates a wide area with a nice tint, and runs practically forever. I’ve been using it a few hours per day and only remember to top up the batteries every couple weeks. Usually that only means charging it from ~3.7V to ~4.0V, so it’s not even close to empty.

Without a charger built in, I’d treat it more like a Q8, where I drain the batteries to ~3.3V before charging, then fill them up completely to 4.2V, which is slow and inconvenient with only my 2-cell charger. But the way the lantern is set up, I can simply top up the cells a little whenever it’s convenient.

The handle on top is convenient too. I often hang the lantern off a finger or two while I’m carrying something larger in the same hand, so I can have a mobile light source while moving boxes or other items.

TL;DR: I like this thing, and actually use it quite a bit.

I have also been beating the crap out of the test sample too with testing, use, and wear & tear. I too use it every night and use it now more than any other lantern i have, and many flashlights for that matter indoors and camping. While its heavier than the many other plastic, generic LED lanterns of similar size, its still lighter than my larger lanterns, (my modified Coleman 8-D cell LED lantern weights a kilo.) this LT1 sample out performs every other LED lantern i tested, used, modified and have, in nearly every way. I added a simple para-cord lanyard to the bail handle, and currently testing different reflector & top-hat shades for the accessory kit.
A good LED lantern like this with the great modes and firmware, tint-mixing, long run times, good charging abilities, great quality and design as compared to every other lantern i tested & blew up, this lantern has so many versatile uses as a cordless area lantern. The current market has thousands of LED lanterns, but all of them fall short of the abilities and performance of this, which was my original goal almost 3 years ago to design an area light/lantern that the market lacked. While we have hundreds, ( if not thousands) of awesome great flashlights to fit every category from flooders to throwers to headlamps, there was nothing in the lantern/area light category that was designed & perfected to fill that gap.

jealous . . . :cry:

but seriously, thanks for the comments regarding its continued use and reliability

I might have missed this but has the lantern been dropped and/or treated roughly? I can see it being tipped over and mistreated (thinking of my youngest daughter :slight_smile: ) when using it at a campsite.

One more please. (Total of 3.) Thanks!

The testing and refinement is for everyone. I still even use the beater V1 & V2 prototypes i built more than any other store-bought lantern i have, stock or modded, and the goal of the BLF LT1 is to bring one better than those two, and everything else available to everyone on the GB list. For example, i just took my wolf for a walk in the nearby park at night with the beaten & battered V2 hanging off my belt. ( sorry i didn’t take a photo, but will do next time if i’m reminded.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it’s a robust design :slight_smile:

it is, (the V2 was built from a BLF Q8 host, (while the original V1 was built from a Skyray-king host) but both has been used & abused for research leading up to the BLF LT1 test sample, which myself, Toykeeper, & Lexel have been refining the test lantern to bring everyone a production BLF LT1 lantern built by Sofirn that can do what a lantern is supposed to do, and more.

Interested! It looks great!

… but I don’t abuse mine; I’m pretty gentle with my lights. It’s rare to see a scratch or a dent in my collection, even on lights I’ve used for a long time.

The durability testing is mostly up to DBSAR. :slight_smile:

I’m in for one.
Not sure if my previous message was sent.

Likely you name will end up in the OP by tomorrow, SIGShooter provides a list of newly signed up folks on Sunday evenings typically.

Ah, cool!
Still new to the forum, but that makes sense. Thanks