*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

How many lumens is this lantern suposed to put out on the highest mode ?

Thanks!

With ā€œmodernā€ fully charged Li-Ion high drain cells I woud rather expect more damage then less.
I was even able to collapse the springs of a flashlight with shorted Eneloops AA (Thrunite TN4A).

Thanks for this answer :wink: I made my mind with this :wink:

Three please. Looks like a fine lantern.

With all 7 of the 7135 chips enabled, & on the cooler 5000K settings of the tint range its roughly around 800 ~ 900 lumens or more.

Now that is what Iā€™d call the opposite of a shy order. :wink:

Yeah, I was only talking about cells doing direct damage to themselves and to other directly connected cells. After the power leaves the cell and enters the springs, the host, the driver, and the emitters, there are lots of things that can happen. I collapsed some springs from ā€œnormal useā€ in a Q8 by only changing the emitters to SST-40 and turning off thermal regulation. Actually, was in the middle of ā€œsettingā€ thermal and didnā€™t get it ā€œsetā€ in time, so it happened while the light was running in Turbo.

Thank you & the others for the welcome shirnask. I have been watching this develope for a long time now. Finally just couldnā€™t stand it anymore & figured I bettet get on the train before it left the station.
I think this lantern will work well in our High Country camps.

8,500ft! Where do you go for winter?

Yes thank you

Interested in purchasing 1 when available!

When all the hunting seasons have ended in different areas & everything is packed up and secure, I usually go some place warm for a while.
Splitting time between Everglades City FL & Port Eades LA.

Hmmm... now im confused.. Does the lamp come with all 7 of the 7135 chips enabled ?

& will we get a choice of 5000K tint or ??

Nothing is final, but the talk has been that 4 or 5 channels would be enabled on the production lanterns. If you want to enable more, it will require connecting two solder pads that are very close together. A simple way to do that is to connect them with melted solder. I suspect some clever person will come up with a way to connect them another way without solder. I have some ideas, but Iā€™ll withhold them for now.

Regarding tint, the lantern has two sets of emmiters, one around 5000K, the other around 3000K. You will be able to adjust the tint between only 5000K driven, only 3000K driven, and pretty much everything in between with a mixture of both sets partially driven.

That sounds good, except i wouldn't want to try to change anything on the lamp bcoz im not good at all with electronics & i don't want to stuff anything up on it, but that's great about the tints..

Iā€™ve never used them but they sell electrically conductive epoxies that you can use to attach wires connecting the pads together or maybe even use the epoxy to directly connect the pads.

Personally I would just use solder to connect the pads since itā€™s not all that difficult to do .

Please add me for 1 - honestly need a good lantern more than anything else!

Maybe you should be put in charge.

@Brett, it will be coming with 3000k and 5000k LEDs, and you can mix tints to get CCTs from 3000-5000k.