*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Guess we should have stayed with micro usb…would have entirely avoided the dreaded “C” incompatibility issue. :confounded:
(oops didn’t see the new whining thread until I had already posted this)

There was a period at the end of the code I got, wouldn’t work until I deleted it in the Amazon box

simjim wrote: Happy Monday morning! Received my code overnight. I’m #2066 on the list…

That’s interesting…. I am #1598 and #1701, but I only received one PM with code, for purchase of one LT1. This makes me wonder if the Sofirn folks are using a tracking program that disregards the additional purchase requests? Maybe it sees the screen name and says, “We did that person, disregard this entry as a duplication error”?

Has anyone else gotten more than one code?

See this post from Barry0892 of Sofirn

#2163, received code 11-25-19

Planning to kill your wife?

Got it, thanks very much. :+1:

I also was unable to use the code on Amazon. Trying to buy one lantern with batteries… PM’d sofirn.

So roughly 840 lumens?

Received code for amazon.de
On the interested list, I opted for variant without batteries.
But on Amazon.de there is only one vendor (77outdoor) that sells the LT1 and the only option is WITH batteries.
And the code doesn’t work.
Maybe this is a sign that I should wait the USB-C fix? :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly.

There was an issue, and a fix was sent. But it takes a while to go from an updated circuit design to a package on people’s doorsteps… so in the meantime, there’s a lot of unnecessary arguing going on.

I think batch 3 might have the updated driver, but I don’t know for sure. Even if it’s not until batch 4, it’ll still be one of the first flashlights to support the USB-C chargers in question.

It’s hard to say exactly, until the lantern gets measured by people who are equipped to do it accurately. The shape and beam pattern make it difficult to measure, so the specs are more “educated guesses” than accurate measurements. It’d probably need a somewhat larger sphere than usual, ideally with a reference light to calibrate the sphere after the lantern is inserted, and potentially a reflective coating on the dark top section of the light. And it’d need to be tested at both color temperature extremes and hopefully halfway between too.

So the rough guesses are ~800 lm for 7 chips or around ~570 lm for 5 chips. But proper measurements will probably show different results. I’m guessing the actual numbers will probably be a bit lower than that, especially at 2700K. I think the diffuser may have ended up somewhat more opaque than intended, which makes the beam extra-smooth but lowers the output.

I cannot find the lantern on Amazon without batteries, the code I was sent was said to be used on a lantern without batteries but I can only find WITH batteries…

I have the same problem…

Same here. Just 20 minutes after receiving the code, I checked on Amazon.com for the bare LT1, it was saying something like “out of stock and don’t know when the item will be back”. Waited another 20 minutes and checked again, the version without batteries disappeared.

By the way I was at #2502, at this pace, by the end of this week, everyone on the interest list may receive a code.

They are now on Amazon without batteries….

Not yet on amazon.de

I received a new code for the light with batteries from Sofirn, and just ordered from amazon.de.

Was having difficulties at first, as I usually click on ‘place in shopping cart’ instead of ‘Buy now’. But when I clicked on ‘Go to checkout’ from there, it took me to a page where I had to choose my address, with another button saying ‘Go to checkout’ which kept taking me back to the original page, so I kept going around in circles. I had that problem on both my laptop and PC, so it wasn’t a problem with the browser cache. Choosing ‘Buy now’ solved the problem, and my order is placed! :slight_smile:

The code worked straight away without any issues.

1. Is it a requirement for everyone that has ordered to add a post/comment here? If it is then I’ve ordered and thank you to everyone that did a lot of hard work for free, its really really appreciated. If it’s not a requirement then I apologies and hopefully no one will post/comment after me.

2. Is there anyone in England/Wales/ Scotland that knows how to mod/fix/alter the BLF LT1, that would be able to take on paid work should I need it in the future?

3. Once everyone on the group-buy has purchased their LT1, would there be any possibility of the manufacturer making the coloured body only to buy? Just an idea.

Just placed order on Amazon.com@$63.07+taxes,includes the battery.My roll call @ 1839 .
A big “Thank You” LT1 team.