*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Interested in Two.

Very interested in two.

Interested in 2.

Interested in one

Wow, if the price does end up being $30 or possibly less, as djozz estimated, I will probably have to put in for a couple more of these.

Interested in one!

2 please.

This isnā€™t really new any more, but it occurred to me that I hadnā€™t mentioned it hereā€¦

Although I donā€™t have BLF Lantern hardware yet, I added some lantern-related features on my BLF Q8. One thing it has is a sunset mode, where itā€™ll start at a low level then get dimmer for an hour until it shuts itself off. It also has some more atmospheric modes which I think would work well on a lanternā€¦

3 minutes of lightning storm mode:

3 minutes of candle flicker mode:

Play both videos at the same time if you want to simulate taking shelter by a fire while a storm goes by. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very interesting. Like both!

ToyKeeper, Iā€™ll buy twice as many if they have those modes, great work.

Count me in for a BLF Lantern, thanks!

I am really excited to see the prototype for this lantern. I am curious to see how the downward mounted led is incorporated. The flicker and lightning modes sound great!

Im interested if cheap. Wish it were a little brighter tho. 40w incandescent isnt that bright but the runtimes sound good.

Hopefully thereā€™s some sort of update soon. Iā€™m getting anxious.

Very Interested

Please add me to the list of those interested.

Thanks

Nice idea! :slight_smile:

I have the prototype (from the OP) taken apart and re-working the head design for 2 LED emitters and a center post bolt ( to make it simpler & stronger, plus adding a frosted main lens to eliminate the inner globe to lower costs & make it simpler in design.
I hope to get photos of it soon and post an updated blueprint. - DB

I donā€™t mind the relatively low output, but I can definitely understand how itā€™d seem underwhelming compared to the BLF Q8. Itā€™s designed for a totally different style of use though, where turbo isnā€™t very relevantā€¦ and the lower brightness should help keep the cost down a bit.

Itā€™ll make the lightning storm mode less impressive, but thatā€™s kind of just icing anyway.

Post #1000!

(at the moment)