*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

One of these will be on its way to California very soon. Eenie, meanie, minie, mo……

:smiley:

Hey I live in California. Do you need me to confirm my address? :smiley:

I’m in Calif. as well

I’m not in California, but I have a relative who will forward to me………… :confounded:

I’m an expat Kalifornican. that lantern won’t like it there. Too many think they’re brighter lights than the stars. (and not all in Hollywood)

Well, as much as I’d like to make many people happy (happier?) the light I am sending to CA along with 4 - LG MJ1 18650 3500mAh button top cells and a bowl shade like the one below, is for a hard-working teacher, my wife’s sister. She suffered through a 3 or 4-day intentional blackout because of wildfires a couple of months ago and will be faced with several years of the same coming up until the power line issues are resolved or the state goes completely up in flames.

I Got tired of waiting for second code so I decided to “make an offer” for another lantern from Sofirn’s eBay page. I made an offer in the amount of the GB price $63 with batteries and they accepted it.

Hi guys,
I just received mine from aliexpress. I ordered one from AE and one from Amazon (Amazon one has not arrived yet). When I plug it in, the switch light is green and I’m able to turn it on. When the lantern is unplugged it will not turn on. When I unscrew they battery compartment I don’t see any obstructions that I’ve seen that block battery contact for shipping. When I screw the battery compartment back I do not see the switch blink like if seen in videos. Am I missing something?

Edit: thanks everyone for quick replies. Stickers on the negative battery end removed and lantern works great.

Did you remove the stickers from the negative ends of the batteries? Assuming you bought it with sofirn batteries.

I have heard the negative end of the cells in the lantern have a clear plastic on them. Try removing the cells and look for that, remove if present, then enjoy your LT1. :+1:

There are shipping insulator caps stuck to the bottom of the 18650 cells (if you bought the lantern with the cells option) some are clear plastic, while others have a gray paper-board adhesive cover on the bottom. remove that, make sure the bottom of the cells metal contacts are clean of any adhesive, and it will work. :+1:

Thanks man. Stickers found on the negative side. They were pretty stuck on there and I missed it.

More people in CA than I expected. Anyone in Southern California Temecula area?

I'm about 65 miles away, in Palm Desert.

Same as you, tracking didn’t work for 3 weeks, it would appear that they assigned tracking numbers but did not have product to ship, the tracking just started working 1st week of December but still shows it inside China.

12 days left to raise dispute… will be keeping a closer eye on it before the deadline, sure its all fine and just on the way somewhere

You can ask for a time extension.

I’ve got numbers 16xx, 16xx and 17xx. I’ve received my first code last month have not heard about a second. I’m fine waiting further as I understand projects like this take time, but I’m curious if I need to reach out about it.

Just got my LT1 :+1:

I love it :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Just got mine! Looks and feels awesome!