** BLF LT1M-Mini Project - The little Lantern! ( PM's sent today June 21, 2022)**

This looks promising :slight_smile:

Please add me to the list for 1. Thanks

FWIW, any tripod mount can be turned into a magnet mount quite cheaply, like THIS.

Love it. The ability to choose three different batteries will make it versatile. I agree the tripod mount will be very useful hopefully it will be on the base and also the side. It would also be nice to have the option to have a magnet on the bottom flushed as some will prefer no magnet. Please also consider the button to be warm amber versus annoying green. Thank you.

I really like this idea, the anti-tipover disc

Yup, me too.

Anyone here remember the Solarforce lantern

I do. Pretty neat. I like it.

I remember it too. Never realized however that it was called ‘’LT1’’.

I prefer a 21700 body tube over the 26650 tube with AAA compatibility.

Tripod mount on the bottom would be awesome. As others have mentioned, it would allow for the use of a thread-on magnet or a thread-on wider base.

Additions to the interest list since post number 1144

Post# / Added / User Name
1186 / 09/28/2021 / Bonham
1186 / 09/28/2021 / Bonham
1202 / 09/29/2021 / mrkelvin

Looking at the poll I don’t see a tidal wave of desire for a non-26650 size tube. In fact it seems that most people aren’t even interested in casting a vote. My thinking is that those who desire a tube of whatever size they want have posted that in this thread, but the silent majority couldn’t care one way or another.

Others may interpret things differently :partying_face:

What poll?

Found it. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72922

Could you add me to the list for 2?

Thanks for the link, I would have missed the poll :+1:

Tripod compatibility(s) would be awesome, and address some concerns of body stability.

Barry said that the mini will have a standard tripod mount on its base.

intrested

I was under the impression, after reading post number 1 a while back; this lantern was designed around using a 21700 battery?

Now I see a poll asking about battery compatibility.
What’s up?

The 21700 makes the most sense by far.
If desired, an 18650 can be used along with a battery centering device I assume. I have read about tubes & some people use orings for this.

A 26650 tube is to big & affords very little if any advantage over a 21700. All it adds is completely unnecessary weight and size.
If someone wants to downgrade to using AA batteries, it seems this lantern is not for them. Making it with a 26650 tube to accommodate that optionis not the answer.

I hope this project does not fall into the pit of trying to be everything to everyone. That would be a true shame.

That’s a really good compromise, I appreciate the effort you guys have put in this project, it’s a true work of passion and listening to the community is a great way to improve the lantern, you won’t ever please everyone even with the best product ever built, it’s human nature, whatever comes to be it’s going to be epic.It’ll always be part of the history of flashlights.
Thank you to all who have been involved in this project.

Interested

The decision has been made to go with the 21700 size tube. Hopefully final pictures will be posted when they become available.