** BLF LT1M-Mini Project - The little Lantern! ( PM's sent today June 21, 2022)**

Yes that was a thought early on but it was decided to move on to a dedicated lantern.

Hopefully sofirn will have some explanation, but this appears to be a very disappointing situation.

I agree indeed… Seems like a breach of trust happened and Sofirn pushed an untested/unreviewed LT1M into production.

I think you may be right. I messaged Barry as soon as it showed up on Sofirn’s site and he said that “LT1-mini is in limited production currently”.

And then to go 2 days without a response...

Got onboard because of this very unique function. I was hoping to even jury-rig the screw-on diffuser onto an IF25/A just for kicks.

Currently sold Sofirn LT1-minis doesn’t look like the diffuser screws on, zooming in on the product pic reveals no threading on the diffuser and there hasn’t been any photos taken of the unit with its diffuser off. No reflector/emitter shots also.

But if you check the product description they still have that blurb about it being a lantern/torch combo. Thinking if I should buy one just to report back to the community on what changes Sofirn pushed on this release without the BLF team’s knowledge. Really curious if this even deserves the LT1-mini branding.

I’m going for the OG LT1 soon instead if this Sofirn saga continues on.

Barry said that he was in the hospital and just got out, pulled the listing, and will be sending out units for testing. So apparently it’s just some internal miscommunication within Sofirn.

At this point I see the finish line approaching us :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update. I placed an order for one because I assumed it was the final product. Should I be reaching out to Sofirn to cancel?

Hmmmm interesting…… I can picture Barry at his desk with several dozen of these that he is putting together himself to “send out to the develop team”, then getting sick and going in the hospital, only to have someone sneak into his office and say…… hey, what are these things Let’s sell em? :person_facepalming:

Barry & Sofirn has contacted the team and explained the issue. It is back on track!

So do we need to contact Sofirn and cancel the order? or will they delay shipping it until the product has passed prototype testing and is finalised? Thanks

I’d cancel anyway tbh, who wants an untested prototype

What I’m saying is that if they are going to ship prototypes I would cancel but if they instead just delay shipping until after it’s ready then I don’t need to cancel and am happy to wait.

Good to hear!

I cancelled

cancel for now, we will post updates hopefully soon.

Please add me to the interest list. Love the LT1 and would absolutely love a mini.

Additions to the interest list since post number 1343

Post# / Added / User Name
1347 / 02/21/2022 / bigbuckdj
1348 / 02/21/2022 / Kakapo
1349 / 02/21/2022 / Verodin
1349 / 02/21/2022 / Verodin
1357 / 02/23/2022 / zuluwalker
1380 / 02/27/2022 / blinks

Sofirn has fixed the issue, the link to the pre-sale of the untested prototype has been removed from that topic post. They are sending the design team prototypes for testing & evaluation first so it can be made sure its ready for sale, then once its tested, any bugs are fixed, and all is good, then the production model will be released.

Interested!