BLF problem? - Pics not working on BLF from some sites?

Yes. me. Yesterday linked a dropbox pic, didnot work. Had to use a pic googled from the internet…

Do you know if you hit that bandwidth limit, or is Dropbox having some problem? I just submitted a help request to them and will post what I hear back.

Thanks,
Jim

There is no way and I mean NO WAY I could actually have used up any of my bandwidth….
I might have used as little as 100MB bandwidth or even less at the moment. (uploading+sharing_

But I think the bandwidth includes anyone pulling up a BLF thread/page that’d have an embedded link to a Dropbox-hosted image, so it’s now your use of Dropbox, but anyone who looks at your pics, even via a BLF page.

I am aware of this but I barely have anything shared/cross linked etc. So I am positive I’m way under any limits.

There’s a Help link on Dropbox’s website, and you can submit a help request there. I did earlier, but maybe if you do also, they might take a look at the problem, if they’re not already doing that?

A bit later. Im not going to get time right now. I’ll also try using my public folder. Maybe that will work :slight_smile:

All of the pics I embedded (that use to work here) are in my Public Dropbox folder already, so that may have the same problem, but try it and post what happens?

TES TES TES TEST TEST TEST

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54700356/IMG_2768.JPG

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54700356/IMG_2768.JPG

END OF TEST

EDIT:
Using the insert image from the editor makes it fail to display the image.
Using the [img] code does not display the pic at all and you don’t even see a picture failing to load….

Trying my pictures folder.

“This webpage is not available”

TEST2 PHOTOS FOLDER

Should work. It’s my public folder. I’ll brb.

The 2 links worked. What’d you do?

Oh, but if you put them in between “!” they don’t work.

EDIT: So maybe it’s not dropbox, but rather BLF? FYI, I PM’ed SB about the problem yesterday/last night.

I just copied/pasted the first 2 links. This is not working also for me because its just a link and the picture is not being displayed.

The next 2 were done with [img] tags and they dont display.

The last 2 with ! and that also does not display.

Those tags and tokens are features of the BLF middleware, not HTML!! We can discuss hacking the middleware, but that’s not necessary to show images properly.

“Insert Image” is to show us your image, sized properly to fit the column. “Insert Link” is for “shortcuts”, URLs, “addresses”, whatever.

Here is a link, inserted with the globe button, to more information than most people care to read…

The previous two posts show sb56637 demonstrating that “Insert Image” does, in fact, work, even w/o the “URL” box.

It really does work, IFF you work it!

Dim
PS:
Here’s an ‘Insert Link’ link to the image you posted.
Here’s an “Insert Image” image, WITH URL and “75%” width:

If you Quote this post, you can see the middleware code, but that may be counter-productive…

I used insert with all my tries with the “!” and it didnot show up. Trying another time. 50% and full size.

50%

100%
works. edited out…

PS: THEY WERE SIMPLY NOT WORKING EARLIER…I know what I was doing.

Unfortunately for all of us, that “random uncertainty” is far too common, especially in WWWeb middleware.

The “big thing” about computers when they were new was that they would repeat the same mundane set of actions (like showing & sizing images) perfectly, every single time. We were told to “depend on” that “reliability” of execution…

Yeah, right. That all went out with piss tests and “certifications”.

BUT, your comment is exactly why I insist on making posts like I do. Facts + Logic defeats belief and superstition. But not random uncertainty! That’s why we (tongue in cheek) used to call the act of writing a program from scratch “Bugging” (getting ready for the DEbugging to come)… Maybe someday the “script kiddies” (aka middleware coders) will notice…

(PS: The answer to “it works on my PC” is to order whoever told you that to send you their PC immediately or face legal action. Get their boss on Conference for the best effect. When I ran Help Desks, that comment would get you “counseled”.)

Occasionally things go wrong. I can’t upload any new photos to Picasa. :frowning: Hope they fix it soon. >.<