BLF recoil über-thrower

I have like 50 different lenses, and the regular pattern is shorter focal length = larger spot.
Using a smaller lens means you either keep the same focal length and lose more light, or maintain same light collection and reduce focal length (making a larger shotspot)

Yes it shows up there too….
Does it look normal to you?? xD

That i know, but i was wondering what the diffrence would be between fwd reflector and aspheric lens with the same divergence (which would be a smaller diameter lens,or maybe it’s apples and oranges…).
So i was about to compare my Courui with my B158.
Will do that in a moment)

Yes, it does look normal here…
I just restarted my laptop (remnants) to empty all caches (couldn’t find how to do that in my Firefox), but i still see what i’m supposed to see, and it ain’t plants…

Wait, iĺl post the link to my album.
BRB

Here’s my album:

Geez,that doesn’t even work for me… :weary:

How about this then:

And what does this do:

I’ll just:

:smiley:

A couple examples to show equal diameter lens and reflector lights are usually pretty close:
UF T20 with dedomed XPG2: 135Kcd

C8 reflector with dedomed XPG2 S4 2B does 170-200Kcd
The T20 lens might have a bit smaller effective area than the C8 reflector.

The Convoy L6 SMO reflector is close to the same diameter as the UF 1504 lens.
DB Custom put a dedomed XPG2 in this light and got 439Kcd.

A UF 1504 will do 450-500Kcd with a dedomed XPG2.

I think that if we remember the car headlights,they had recoil sets of some type.You can look at here.
Headlamp - Wikipedia ,especially the Optical systems, Reflector lamps,
Lens optics.

For this kind of light a BOX design (or cylinder) is the only viable option. That is why all military reflectors are that style.

The box design will give maximum distance from the LED to the Mirror, and with that it will have maximum focal distance. And smallest spot.

It will maximize the diameter of the mirror, and improve the light catching angle.

It will provide the best absolute throw given the size of the light by far.

Amen!

I wonder if it can be made zoomable, by moving the LED towards the reflector.
A recoil zoomie. :smiley:

Incandescent lightbulbs and HID lightbulbs usually do both, because it also uses the bottom part of the reflector.

It can, but the LED needs to move quite a distance, several cm not mm, also when you zoom to create flood you will have the huge dark spot in the center due to the LED :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking as close as the heat pipe will allow it, but you’re probably right.

I found this, I think the top left mirror is the parabolic 3.5” listed in the description because the only one that is bigger is the 4” one.
Depth looks pretty good for recoil, and it’s optical grade glass reflector.
Thoughts?

notebook heatpipes.
there should be a heatpipe in most notebooks, and the cool thing is they are normally not round but flattened
in this recoil thrower situation this means a lot of light can pass while it takes the heat away, the inner structure should make orientation not affect preformance

Looks good to me!
How can i get one? :slight_smile:

Go to the link and buy the whole lot of 11 various mirrors (only one of them is the 3.5” he mentioned) for $150

…that’s why i said how can i get one, that 3.5” one…

There’s no information on who made it, and if you were to buy a new one it would probably cost several hundred or thousand dollars… :confused:
I emailed them and maybe they can sell me that mirror alone rather than all 11.
A bit small, but maybe it will make a nice handheld light even if it doesn’t have good throw.
Can always just stick my XHP70 in it and have a flood monster :stuck_out_tongue:

have you guys seen this?
paraboli mirror with clear focal point
We have a solar cooker, basically a 1,20M version of this, focus is very good on a small section inside
Let e check what it does with, hmm say a Jaxman Z1 (so I can play a bit with what light is emitted)
report back on it later.

68mm parabolic reflector