BLF recommended bargains

Apart from the justifiably recommended BLF-A6 has anyone bought a torch, used it for the first time and thought something like this:

"Wow ! This is better than my xxxxxmodel and half the price !!" Answers from buyers who've been satisfied to this extent might form a useful resource.

A possible example of what I mean; though I don't have one of these Shadow JM35/30s to prove it, but judging from a beam comparison with my G30 this looks like remarkable value (now with XHP50 option)

Lumitact G700

EDIT: Seriously, though, I look forward to seeing other people's recommendations.

Oooooh you're a bad person raccoon city

Yes Yes Yes

My first convoy C8 i got it had an XML2 with 8* 7135 blew most of my more expensive lights out of the water!

The Thorefire S70. I have bought a bunch of lights around that price range and nothing competes!

The BLF LuckySun D80-SE is nice for the price if you want a compact thrower.

The KD HAIII Buckle was an excellent value at <$5, but it has been discontinued for a while now.

Yep the D80 is great probably the best made flashlight for a group buy we have had recently. Mod it by DE-doming or a XPL-HI and its a little monster thrower.

HUGSBY XP-2

Hard to find a better light under $3.30
I have 6.

That is a great buy for £20. Looks in style very much like the Shadow torches (but slimmed down from 26 to 18mm)

LOL!!!

Where to begin? How about circa 2010, UltraFire 501b, XR-E EZ900 R2. This was a great light! So compact, yet so bright!

Today? Pick anything Convoy, with the style of your choice.

Good Thread!

Thorfire S70 for the big lumens, nothing comes close in this price range and the build quality is good.
and the Thorfire TG06 for great pocket light.

PF03 for unreal run time on alkaline.

Also digging the Nitenumen NE01 for under $20.

Been thinking about getting a throwy retina-blaster

The S70 will have to be top of the list !

This seems similar to the C8. What are the pros and cons ?

edit:

Just spotted this version of the C8 - could be a real winner in this thread.

I haven't handled a C8 in while, but I think the D80 is more compact.

(It fits in my pocket a lot better than a C8 would.)

The D80 has five useful modes, and it just oozes quality.

Have had the D80 in my cart several times,
But every time I read this:
Caution: Can not fit most of batteries with protection board. But, some orders shipped after Jan 22th, 2016 may receive the lights which could fit the protected batteries, battery tube may have 5pct color difference from other body parts
I do not order it after all

Is it GearBest only ?

I'm not rushing to use them again following poor customer service. Despite being provided with proof from Yodel that their parcel was lost in the UK GearBest insisted on making me wait another 3 weeks before doing anything about it.

> D80SE
Perhaps someone who knows will report current info on that.

Little guys

Thorfire TG06 300 lmn on 14500’s tail clicky decent pocket clip and you can run it on AA’s if needed. Can be had for about $10 with MadMax’s help. Downside (for me) UI = Hi Lo Mid w/no memory. If I’m checking multiple things in rapid order I end up cycling thru the modes when I really prefer to be concentrating on other things.

Xtar WK42 300 lmn on 16340’s side button with memory. Can be had for <$10 on sale. Downside/Upside - CR123 use is expensive but for something like an emergency kit it’s a good option so that’s user preference I guess.

Both great little pocket lights that I’ve been beating up in EDC for months w/o issues. Super happy with the bang for the bucks here :slight_smile:

The D80 really need a driver swap otherwise it has some really noticable PWM.

Good calls Muto! I haven’t tried the S70 yet, but I love my Thorfire C8S and TG06. Both are very good lights - as good or better than torches I’ve paid twice the money for. The PF03 is on my list, but I haven’t gotten one yet.

I’m still waiting for a few Convoys to show up (ordering from China teaches patience, grasshopper) but I am VERY impressed with the NE01. I love that it starts in low (though not as low as I’d like for some applications) and the other modes are well spaced and clear. Also, and a big one for me, is that the blinky modes are hidden but easily accessible. I actually liked the first one so much I ordered a second one while they were still on sale.

Way back in 2008 there was Romisen RC-G2 (AA, Cree XR-C/XR-E P2) anybody remembers? About the same time Romisen RC-N3 (2xAA/CR123, same ref size as RC-G2). Never parted with any of these. Great quality to price ratio.
Nowadays I would have to say Convoy S2+ for 12$ is a bargain.