BLF Special Edition X6 Pics/Comparison/Data/etc

Krono is working on the lens issue, the possibility of the o-ring leaking is….I believe…under further testing.

If you remove the clip does it leave impressions/damage the anodizing?

Blue is a sign of single layer coating. A purple or green coating is multi-layer (broad spectrum) anti-reflection coating.

every clip I've ever touched has left some remnant of a light mar, surface scratch, or removal of anodize. Don't see why this one would be any different even if it is a somewhat more tough anodizing.

i have had the same experience, but since it has been mentioned that this one is stronger then most i want to know if it will survive unscathed

Here

To answer both.....

Unlike many shelf queens, my EE F30 (with the same HAIII finish) has both the clip and long lanyard attached. This light has the distinction of being my "work" light, and I do mean work, not just carried around for "what if". All night long while climbing the rides this light is swinging from the lanyard and constantly bouncing of the steel and I do mean constantly. More over there have been several instances (too many) whereas I have accidentally placed this same light in my pocket with the PD35 (backup) or in my other pocket with my multi-tool, loose change, and even my keys. I SWEAR - not one scratch! Not even where the clip mounts. The Fenix on the other hand (even though a good light) does not stand a chance.

I have many anodized tools. Unless true milspec it might as well just be paint. These Eagle Eye lights use a real milspec anodizing that is the equivalent to what you will find on certain "high dollar - expect to be abused" firearms.

thats why i want someone to try it on the BLF version

There really is no need. All reviewers have said it is the same finish. Besides I am not aware of any of the same reviewers that have the daily opportunity/need to subject this light to true industrial abuse.

Truthfully, if the clip worries you, remove it (or send it to me 'cause I am sure I will ruin mine eventually. LOL) but for me the clip stays just as it will with my coworkers. For a $20 light it makes no difference. The unit itself is jam up!

On that same note...why not just stick with the stock lens and get this into production? I would probably leave it alone but replacing a lens is minimal and requires no modification unlike the "other popular issue".

(can’t believe I’m saying this) I’m actually considering throwing mine like a fast ball to go skidding on the asphalt. The lens will be broken, almost assuredly. But I just wonder how the anodize will fare?

Worth it?

Edit: Drop it out the window of a car at 60 mph on asphalt?

Yes.
Video or it didn’t happen.

… Reminds me of an old thread where a few moders torture tested a zebralight and another light to destruction. The destroyed lights were then rebuilt and modified as giveaways…

I haven’t done extensive testing on the clip/clip area, but I have spun the clip around a bunch of times and taken it off and placed it back on a few times with no visible damage.

Through my testing I’ve threaded and unthreaded each connection probably a couple hundred times; the threads are still perfect. I’ve walked/hiked 2-3 miles with it and a couple other lights in the same bag(some cloth inside as well to prevent constant grinding and clanking together… I’m not a savage. :smiley: ). It was also operated upon by a clumsy, novice modder. :stuck_out_tongue:

The BLF SE is still without mar (Same with the stock eagle eye x6 that went through much the same).

Dale - don't you dare!!! They will triple the price! LOL

Its the drugs Dale. Sleep on it.

Im sure that kind of abuse is a bannable offence…

I’m supposed to be testing it, right? Battle scars would show well on it, lol.

I have 2 more, and will be getting 2 more in this GB, and besides, other than a few dents and dings from initial impact I think it’d fare remarkably well. I’ll have to put the AR lens back in it so I can fall back on the clear glass one. But yeah, I think I’m gonna try this tomorrow. The wife will have to cooperate as designated driver (I can’t drive these days)

It’d be the equivalent of leaving it on top of the car and driving off, right? :slight_smile: I know just the place, and will video. So, full running light or take some precautions? I’m thinking have it on so it’ll show up better flipping down the asphalt at 60mph! lol

Most of these lights can handle a 1 meter drop, they dont say anything about horizontal speeds so you could be on to something here.

Do you have a cannon? Maybe test its range…

I was just thinking “Industrial wear and tear”, so I was gonna drop it on a 5 lane blacktop in an Industrial area. :smiley:

Edit: I have 4 Canon’s but they wont’ be putting any more distance on it than a 200mm f/2.8 can film. :wink:

Do it!

You could remove the lens/reflector first. You could even fill in the cavities with some cushioning material to protect the LED and driver. Even if the anodizing gets chewed up, you'd be able to pop the parts back in and use it. In fact, it'll have a lot of character.

Don't kill me, guys.

Remember to discard the cell.