BlF X6 heatsink pics (Copper is here)

I don’t have any free hosts at the moment, there’s 3 of the bare hosts on the way and I have 32mm Noctigons on the way as well. I have quad boards and optics, and I have the 35mm optics. The 3 X6’s I have here are pretty much locked in with their builds. I’ve taken to potting and using the Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive to join sink to host for optimum thermal path so my 3 currently aren’t really able to test fit a sink.
I’d love to try it out…oooh! just remembered, I gave my dad one of the special editions…it’s still fully bone stock just like they sent it so I could test the sink in it for fitment if you’d like. Just let me know.
Maybe by the time I tested it and was ready to send it back to you I’d have a 32mm Noctigon I could send back with it, and an optic.

that will work dale just send me your address and ill have it out ASAP with tracking ect......on the smaller heatsink i think it needs to be higher but i cant tell with out the 32mm copper board

The smaller sink needs to be 0.30” thick. That is almost exactly 5 pennies thick. (1.52mm x 5 = 7.6mm, 0.30” = 7.62mm)

PMing addy now.

Are you going to open a fresh new thread when they are ready for purchase?

Post #26 ;) but yes i will open another thread and have these closed so no confusion is made and u guys can see the product and maybe Dale can post what he thinks ect.......

Post #26 :wink: but yes i will open another thread and have these closed so no confusion is made and u guys can see the product and maybe Dale can post what he thinks ect…….

[/quote]

As if Dale can NOT post what he thinks…

(said it for y’all) :stuck_out_tongue:

@ Nitro
My heartfelt sympathy!

I’m also interested for a tripple copper inlay.

Greetings from Germany

Stuff like this overwhelms my brain!! :slight_smile:

nitro

First, thanks for your efforts

Will you be so kind to think about offering lenses too? It will be quite convinient for overseas uses like me, to order everyhting that i( we) need from one place, not waiting 2 month for I/O order to come

Anybody tested LD1 on 3x XPG2 btw? Neven mentiones some kind of issues when running 3 emitters at once, but i cant remember exacly

Yes i will be offering them, ill be buying these C10754_CUTE-3-SS (for the triple,32mm board) and from mtnelectronics ill look into the 20mm Quad XP copper MCPCB + Carclo Optic bundle if that's what u guys are looking for ??

Richard only has 35 of the 20mm Quad bundle left, once they’re gone to my knowledge there’s just not any more quads!

Well….i was thinking of tripple XLps at first, but the second option is also okay

DBCstm

How do you drive those tripple xlps in your X6? Any long term use( for 10-15mins)recommendations? Maybe i should stick to the quad XPG2?
I have the BLF edition modded with LD1 as an EDC and i like it, got also the same but with a dedomed XPG2 , and i was thinking of a more floody X6 this time

With one quad and one triple, I actually like the triple the best. The XP-L’s fit under the bigger Ledil CUTE-3 optics without de-doming so they keep their tint, the light just looks really professional and not at all modified with that optic in place and the light profile is my favorite.

Aside from my Texas Poker, the Triple X6 is probably my favorite of over 70 lights. (in my pocket even now) The XP-L V5 2D works beautifully in the triple. The V6 2C works well, has the most output, but is that little bit more blue/white. Not bad, but still… The XP-L V4 3D is great for the neutral or warm lovers, soothing natural looking light, that one is really sweet too. It’s with TexasLumens at the moment, he’s buggin the snot out of his missus with it. :slight_smile:

heh, yeah, I have V4 4500k and v5 5000k from work, dont know the exact bin( have to check it) but they have……kind of a veeery small pink tint in the emitted light, i like them alot, especialy 4500k

Will use the know how then, let it be tripple XLP

Will the LD1 work here or i have to look for another driver?

ORDER UP

ok, I miss something obvious, why is the triple so short and the quad so tall?

Is it possible to do a cross-section drawing — just a sketch would do — of how everything fits together for each combination, so it’s easier to understand what all the pieces are and where to look for them?
Sorry, I’m …. duh … something …

hank, look at the pics I posted on the order page, post number 23

The quad sits within the sink whilst the triple sits on top.

For the triple or quad to work, would running them in parallel be more advisable than using 2x18350 and a buck driver? How do you all intend to run them?

Parallel for this small light, the larger 18650’s have so much more capacity and capability.

I built a quad for a 2 cell Solarforce L2X and ran it 2S2P. Worked out just fine.