blue and green XP-E2, output tests

Thanks for the tests, so far I have only worked with white LEDs.

Just to confirm what Penumbra reported, I have a photo red xp-e2 on copper in a C8+ at 2.2A and its doing fine so far, even after letting it run on high for about 4 mins nonstop. I have no tools to measure, but it doesn’t seem to be damaged and puts out a lot of great, red light. Seems to handle the higher current.
Can’t wait for the photo red xp-g3.

Has anyone tried to talk Simon from Convoy, Kaidomain, led4power.com or Hank from intl-outdoor into selling Photo Red XP-E2’s or XP-G3’s?

Or fasttech ?
no i wait after your tests :money_mouth_face: with the xpg3 660
ps: i have buy a spotlight on ebay for 16€ and wow wow what a light weight ,good handle and trow like a dream. i have the led dedome.
I have buy already 2 more of this on the way to me.
i gonne make one with xpe2 red 660 or maybe better xpg3 660 very usefull for nightspotting animals.

https://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/i.html?\_from=R40&\_trksid=m570.l1313&\_nkw=Camping+Lamp+Rechargeable+Light+Hand+Held+Torch+Flashlight+Spotlight&\_sacat=0

Wow that sounds pretty ghetto from a representative. O:)

Thu, 05/30/2019 - 04:16

Holy crap that was a poor response.

djozz, are you also testing the amber emitters?

Aussie slang, outback talk, or whatever. Clearly he was expressing his frustration of us banging on him at every chance because of the high shipping charges. In the past we've tried buying qty from them and 1 guy doing the local shipping. I can understand our frustration as well because he has some special unique LED's at times we all would love to have, but not seeing one, it's a gamble for ordering high qty.

Nice, thanks. And I know exactly how you feel on the write ups. Sometimes you just have to save up enough fortitude, sadly it’s not an endless supply.

According to the spreadsheet the Photo Red XP-G3 has a typical wavelength of 645nm and peak wavelength of 670nm. The XP-E2 only has a peak wavelength of 650nm listed. I’m confused again, which one is better in terms of tint? = more red.

That XP-E2 660 already a good real red light 625 nm are more amber.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/xpgdpr-l1-0000-00f01/cree

they are coming !

I tested them (from Mouser) and they are very good. But I need time to crush the data, make the graph and write the post (on camping vacation atm)

And how is the tint compared to the more red XP-E2?

More crimson red. But at a price: your eyes are 4 times less sensitive to it.

With one brynite b158 xp-e2 deep red works fine & al problems solved i have ordered a pulsar accolade xp 50 lrf !

However, the 620nm XP-E2 is in my opinion quit orange-rosy-reddish, I don’t like.