BlueSwordM LED Group Buy 3: a 3V 5050 domeless Ra9070 4000-4500k LED, the perfect XM-L2/SST-40 (UPDATE 2: Something new!)

Also highly interested for this group buy…(10 pieces)

Interested. In for 10 pieces.

I really want to support this project.

As far as I know, a custom made LED was unheard of until now.

I’m in for 20 of whichever LED ends up being produced.

IIRC, rngwn initially sourced some great preexisting high CRI 5mm LEDs for us all and ended up negotiating a few production runs bearing different specs, and then with a different factory did the same.

But I suppose this is a new beast entirely. Intriguing, I’ll be adding myself to the list for 5 at least.

Edit; oops I used the word finagling wrong. Apparently it’s insulting. Quite the opposite of what I meant. Explains the funny looks over the years :smiley:

I stand corrected… and I also agree that this is a new beast entirely.

Hey everyone. I swapped the XHP50.2 emitter with a Rayten 5000K - 5500K 90 CRI emitter (I got some samples from Rayten but they are not the same as BlueSwordM’s specifications). The tint is neutral and the CRI is higher than 90 but there is a dark spot at the center of the beam.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/ys4k7y/nmd_convoy_c8_with_rayten_90_cri_5000k_5500k/

Oh yeah, I should really revive the groupbuy, as well as my specifications :slight_smile:

I’ve learned a decent bit more about lighting in my pause, so we should be able to get a better LED still.

Cool. All of a sudden I got another SFT40 light and a few SST40s so could really use a high cri 5050 LED.

I wonder how much better it will be compared to my samples.

Bump. Happy new year! :beer:

Oh, it is still happening.

As said somewhere else, I’ll be finishing the Sofirn SP33 FC60 GB before continuing the others.

Looking forward to it!

I realised I asked questions but didn’t actually state my interest. So in for 10 please!

Maybe I can test this LED in performance and tint/spectrum so you know what you can expect from this LED. This concept of 'custom LED' sounds very interesting.

I can't exactly tell when this will be the case since my equipment has to be calibrated for maximum precision, but I think 5 will be enough.

Yep, I’m interested in this emitter please

Put me down for 10pcs please.

I should update the GB, especially since there have been some updates behind the scenes and since we have beamshots :slight_smile:

I’d still like to test beamshots, but that will have to wait a bit because CNY.

At this point I’m interested in 10 pieces

I’m in for 5 please.

Looks great. I’m interested in 10