BM200 Charger information.

Hi Chloe,

I had a very busy work week last week and I wasn’t able to ship the i4 out to Danaco until this morning in fact, but he should have it by Weds/Thur (8/28 or 8/29)

Danaco

I like your site and the way you explain the tech to a layman like me.

I have just bought a BM200 with the C and D adapter but the input is 12v 1.5 amps.
Is this an old model? I bought it from ebay. Item number 200952905605 its still listed as I write.

Should I return the BM200 and buy a Maha Powerex MH-C808M?

I normally just use AA’s and a few AAA’s but C and D’s poss in future.

And should I go for 2500mah eneloop xx or stick with the white 2000mah eneloop? Cos the white has a longer Lsd typically 75% after 5 years plus 1800 charges. Where as the eneloop xx may have a slightly higher mah, it only hold 85% after a year plus can only be charged 500 times.

Also is it true that these batteries have a lifespan of around 4 years regardless of use?

If you recommend I keep the BM200 then will the issue with thermals effect my batteries? or should I put a usb fan on the unit while charging?

Cost is not an issue with the recommendation you give.

Would be grateful for some guidance

Paul

Hi Paul,

Let me start with the BM200. I always accept returns. I asked that it be returned in the same state it was shipped.
The BM200 that you purchased has been modified for better thermal performance. It is on par with chargers like the BC-1000 when charging 4 cells at 1000 mA. Not that great actually. However if you charge 4 cells at or below 800 mA then you will see no issues and thermal performance is good. There are no issues with C and D cells either. Using a fan cures any of those thermal issues. You got the charger at a good price because I am selling out remaining stock. This charger is no longer being produced. It is on sale and will remain so until gone.

If you need to charge 8 C or D cells at once then the MH-C808M is a good choice. The reason for the BM200 is the ability to test C and D cells, the C808M can not do that.

As far as the eneloop batteries go. It depends on your application. If very long shelf life is important then stick with the eneloop white cells. If you need the higher capacity and good shelf life then the XX are the way to go. I will say the eneloop XX AA cells are just about the best all around that I have tested. High capacity, long shelf life, low internal resistance. They are just a bit pricey. I have seen no documentation about a 4 year limit on the cells. It is really the number of cycles that determine cell life. Unless they are over heated, then all bets are off.

Hope that helps,
Thanks,
Robert

Thank you Robert

My apologies if I confused you.
I did not mean to imply that I bought the unit from yourself. It was bought from a vendor in China which is why I gave the ebay item number in my previous post.

Just wanted you to have a cursory look at the item and confirm whether I was sold an old model or the newer updated version.

What is the item number for your listing anyway?

I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I took a look, I am not happy about that listing. I have no idea what version that charger is. My chargers are marked by internal identification. They are not supposed to be selling those C&D adapters to others either. So much for that. Have you tried any C&D cells to see if it handles the high capacity cells?? Sorry, I can not give you any guidance on that charger.

Here is the listing for my BM200. 231019038042
Like I said I am selling out stock and it is no longer produced. At least not for me.

Here is the listing for the new charger. Complete redesign even though they look the same. An extensive amount of development work went into this new charger for excellent thermal performance and functionality.
BT-C2000. item 331042777396

Thanks,
Robert

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but he dropped the price of the BM200 on Ebay to $29.47:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231019038042?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2 hours left on it at this point, so I went ahead and bought one :)…

Take your time. I will keep them on sale until stock is gone. I expect they will last through the Christmas season. This is a great deal.
BM200 is no longer in production, at least not for me, can not say about the Chinese sellers that have popped up everywhere, that copy the text from my listings.

The new charger is shipping. Opus BT-C2000. Almost a complete redesign. It fixes any known issues plus many improvements. Thermal performance is very good. I believe it is a worthy charger.

Enjoy,
Robert

A charger has been sent for a published review. However it will probably take over a month for that to be finished. Until then I am happy to answer any questions. Perhaps I need to start a new thread for this charger?? Yes, me thinks so. I will try to get a new thread with charger information up by this weekend.

Thanks,
Robert

Where’s the popcorn symbol?

like dis? ;)

That’s cheating, that’s an image. :wink:

Looking forward to reviews! The Opus looks great.

Hi Robert

Is the BT-C2000 better than the maha c9000?

Hello Robert, I just ordered the BM-200 on eBay, but just moments ago I read this thread completely, and had missed your note on BT-C2000 item 331042777396 which is the new improved model (https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20640?page=1). Please change my order to this one and send me a PayPal invoice for the difference, which I will pay immediately. If this is still possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.... THANKS, Orlando (eBay opablo12).

BTW, looking forward to seeing the complete review on the performance of the BT-C2000

Better depends on what you want. The C9000 has higher current capability. The BT-C2000 does C and D cells out of the box. It also has a much easier to used interface. I won’t call it better. The C9000 is a fine charger. The BT-C2000 is a fine charger. They are just a little different.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi danaco,

smart charger of PS-NC1000 have charge function (200mA/500mA/700mA/1000mA)
discharge function (100mA/250mA/350mA/500mA)
refresh function
test function
5V USB output for charging phones when plug and connect the power

As your attached pictures, many pictures showed the temperature of the during the charging up to 68.9℃. our PS-NC1000 have temperature protection in PCB procedure design and our highest temperature is about 40℃, also we have do some cooling grid design in charge case and base.

If you are interested in it, your can search the word ” Power-Stations PS-NC1000” in budgetlightforum or in Google, you can find it. i think your can have a try, then you will find PS-NC1000 is betther than the BM200 and La-Crosse BC1000.

If you need to know more, you can find me ,i will help your know it.

Thanks!