BOLO for chinese balloon payload photos and details

“Embarrassing” how? Even if that’s what it is, I’m positive China doesn’t have clearance to float a 3-bus-sized “weather balloon” over U.S. tactical sites.

Why it’s probably not a spy balloon…

Embarrassing because every new channel has been calling it a spy balloon. The fact that they shot it down makes it appear to have been a significant threat to national security.

I really can’t explain it any better.

Yep, that's basically what I was thinking.

Also, it's no surprise that the balloon was shot down once it was over the ocean.

That's what I thought would be a good idea yesterday when I heard that they didn't want to shoot it down over land.

(I'm sure that's what many people were thinking as well.)

And it’s nearly an impossibility that a “weather balloon” from across the Pacific just happened to float over a remote Montana protected missile site.

If it’s just SUSPECTED of being a surveillance operation by a foreign government, you take action. It’s illegal and it doesn’t matter what it turns out to be.

I really can’t explain it any better :smiley:

Then shut it down now. How can this not become “geopolitical”?

FFS.

It was an advertising campaign for tiktok. It will generate thousands of videos and 1.8 billion views.

Regardless of what the purpose of the balloon was, over time it is going to become an aviation hazard as it loses altitude over time. Removing it from the skies is a reasonable precaution while it can still be tracked.

My first thought was 99 Luftballons

Regards Xandre

I just heard something interesting.

The "spy" balloon may have been able to collect information besides visual info, so it could have been of some use for spying compared to satellites which mainly (totally?) collect visual info.

EDIT:

Also, the balloon kinda reminds me of the movie Nope (2022).

Do you even think they (The government) are going to tell us what they find in the downed balloon?

I am sure we will hear/read something. It will undoubtedly be exactly what “they” want us to see.

When someone is so compromised, the other guy can fly anything up on you!

Just gotta get a jab in…huh? We have been being so good here too…
:frowning:

Just watched “Nope” last week, I totally see it!

SPOILER ALERT!!! You have been warned.
————————————————————————————————

Also the balloon ended just just like Jean Jacket, just saying…

tatasal…… :+1:

I wonder if I’d be able to bounce my 1.2 watt green laser beam off of it? I mean it ain’t supposed to be there

Damn sleepy joe shot that bitch down US military shoots down Chinese spy balloon over Atlantic Ocean | Fox News