Boost Driver

Does anyone know if a 6 volt output boost driver, that will run off (1) 18650 cell, are available? I have seen the following thread, but this member theomajigga hasn’t been around the forum for over 9 months now.

Yeah, there are a few of them type of threads laying around here.

This driver is not available as a complete driver yet, but it appears to be getting there: [[ GXB20 Driver – Homemade Constant Current Programmable XHP50 Single-Cell Boost Driver! ]]

A few posts up (post #34) there are links to another driver which appears to be fully developed. Serp should have more details if it’s available for purchase.

I have this new driver on order from Kaodomain, it is 20mm diameter and should produce 3A at 6V, with PWM-less modes. There’s no user reports from it yet I think.
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026606.H1-A-20mm-3A-1-cell-5-Mode-Boost-Driver-Circuit-Board-for-Cree-XHP50-6V-MT-G2-MK-R2

Thanks! I imagine that one will be available soon to suit one’s needs. I’ll check out the link you provided.

Thanks djozz! Please comment on this driver after you have evaluated it. I imagine sooner or later these boost drivers will have all of the functions we need. :smiley: btw, I wonder what kind of run time you can get using a KeepPower 18650/3500mA freshly charged protected cell? I wonder if Kaidomain offers this driver in a 17mm? What emitter will you be using with this boost driver?

3 amps looks pretty weak, but it’s a start. 4 to 5 amps along with an electronic switch would be really nice. I want to build my own single 26650 xhp70 light. :slight_smile:

This driver would need a host with a tail switch, but would still put out about 2500 lumen, so not too shabby.

I’m trying the driver in a Eagle Eye X7 with a Nichia 144A led. That led must not have more than 3A anyway (on my non-DTP board).

Ha, EE X7 popped into my head as well, but I was thinking it was too expensive. Nope, only $19. Lol

If you do a seperate build thread, please post a link here, I wanna see it. :slight_smile:

I hope it will not be much of a build, just swapping the led and driver, but I will make a post :slight_smile:

There’s also theFX-35 until and unless a driver like loneoceans’ is available these two are about max for single cell boost drivers.

Here’s another boost driver @ 3amp.
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2249

Interested in seeing your results. I have a few 144A’s also, but no board and no driver yet for a single cell.