bout to by some Ni-Mh what should i get?

My Turnigy AA’s voltage sags rather quickly when used in digicam, whereas Eneloops keep on ticking until they are fairly empty ;)!

Yes the best reviews for voltage I’ve seen are 1.2V AA 2400 mAh NiMH Turnigy LSD Battery Tests - RightBattery.com and 1.2V AAA 900 mAh Turnigy LSD NiMH Battery Tests - RightBattery.com

You can compare to their 3rd gen Eneloop reviews here 1.2V AA 2000 mAh Sanyo Eneloop NiMH Battery Tests - RightBattery.com and 1.2V AAA 800 mAh Sanyo Eneloop NiMH Battery Tests - RightBattery.com

You can see the Turnigy voltage is a fair amount lower, particularly at 2A discharge. But if your device isn’t voltage sensitive it may still give higher capacity. (These aren’t long term tests, but considering the difference in capacity and the results I’ve seen from LSD, it’s like it will remain for a few months at least.) Maybe even at 2A, their cut off was 1V and the curve still seemed fairly flat. so if your device can tolerate that low without issue, it may work fine for longer (but we’ve no evidence either way).

Also they gave no indication of testing more than one. And a sample size of one while sadly common for internet reviews even semi professional and somewhat simple ones like this, is actually fairly useless if you want any degree of confidence in the results. I think some others have found better voltages/less sag particularly at 2A so this may be at the lower end of the normal range.

But I don’t think anyone will suggest Turnigy will give better voltages compared to Eneloops so definitely in a voltage sensitive device you probably should consider Eneloops even at 50% more.

Turnigys have proven to be good as far as their stated capacity and LSD tests show, many BLF’ers have bought them, me included, but I havent seen any high-load tests or reports of high drain usage scenarious done by our members here.

I own only few Eneloops, lots of Turnigy in all their capacities(800, 900, 2200, 2400mAh’s), some BTY Enesuper and bunch of GP Recykos(AAA’s look to be fake, while AA’s have been reported as being decent regarding capacity and LSD), yet only Eneloops have proven to be worthy in digicam and flashlights. After all, those n-hundred lumen lights need some punch to operate at full brightness for as long as possible :D!

So, next NiMh’s Im buying are definitely bunch of Eneloops :)!

If you have a Costco anywhere close, get the combo Sanyo Charger with 8 AA eneloops for $20.

You can't go wrong with it.

make sure charger has independent channels or you’ll always have one battery that isn’t charged all the way. also get one that can slow charge—- fast charging is not good for battery health. I have the lacrosse bc700 and it is still good after 4 yrs

good to know the bc700 will last at least 4 years, mine is a year old now and has charged hundreds of batteries