Bridging star on NANJG drivers WITHOUT solder?

What is a good material to bridge stars on a nanjg star such that it is fairly stable and durable yet easy and clean to remove?

On my xintd x3, the star seems to be bridged with some type of white conductive paste that is now dried. Not sure on how easy it would be to remove but I want something similar that is easy to apply and remove if needed without breaking out the soldering iron.

To me it sounds like you’re asking for the electro-hobbyist equivalent of cold fusion. You have a soldering iron. Buy a third hand (the kind that have a magnifying glass) or some other kind of view-magnification and just ground the stars with solder. It’s not hard to do as long as you have a fine tip on your iron and you will put nowhere near enough heat into the board to fry any of the components.

A Circuit Writer pen can work, but it isn’t cheap.

I don’t have difficulty with the actual soldering, I just want something that is more convenient for me to use.

That looks like something that would work. It is a bit expensive but I’ll look around for something cheaper. Do you know if it cleans off well?

I don’t have much experience with copper tape but for those that do, would that work in this scenario?

I’d just cut a small piece large enough to bridge the star to the ground ring.

I got one of these at Radio Shack recently but haven't tried it yet. The store manager said he uses it, FWIW.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20208906

You can try “Wire Glue”:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.Xwire+glue&\_nkw=wire+glue&\_sacat=0&\_from=R40

It's an old computer trick - run the pencil back and forth until you can see the mark - and use a rubber when you want to charge it.

I've done this with a Qlite driver and it's still working after several months.

Yes, wire glue, or even a soft pencil (might not be that reliable though).

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll look into them once I finish some builds and get to the drivers.

This is actually going to be used for your driver. I wanted something I can get on and off to proglock without having to solder all the time.

I have the same “paint” on my XinTD driver star. Anybody got any experience with removing this to solder a different star?

I had something similar on the Qlite driver I got in a p60 dropin from IO. It scrapes right off no problem. I used a sharpish tweezer down into the battery tube to carefully break the bond and remove the paint, didn’t have to remove the driver.