Brighter light without changing the driver!! & Prototype is done!! :) ( picture heavy)

I've actually experimented with them a lot and I have found they need to be a foot or so away from the LED in order to be fully focused. Not sure why though, either way good luck.

A while back I made a rig to mount my DRY on that had a 1 foot lense on the front. It got it up to 43kcd.

wow thats pretty neat. cant wait to see your prototype!

and good answer scaru!

Ah, gotcha.

A Fresnel lens is the ones used in over head projectors, right?

i use the one in magnifying glasses… cheapo ones from $0.99 stores
budget mode :wink:

Yeah, I think those are fresnel lenses. My Ace Hardware has them in sizes up to 11*7. (Or whatever the size of a sheet of paper is)

alright… got all the parts now it’s time to make the prototype :slight_smile:

while i’m at it… got myself few plastic rounds to make few wide angle lens for my and my FandyFire Uv-S5 ( Sky Ray King)
not that they need to be floodier… but heck… why not? :smiley:

1/4 done

it’s done… notice lousy job… good thing i bought extra materials :slight_smile:

wide angle lens on Sky Ray King :slight_smile:

if you want to use that size… you better have a 9” diameter reflector… lol :slight_smile:

I look forward to seeing more! :slight_smile:

looking forward to seeing some shots

Sorry guys, need to burst some bubbles. It would’ve been nice if this is true, I’d be on my way to double throws of all my lights :bigsmile:

Flashlight attempts to project parallel beam to achieve “throw”, the OP’s white wall beam image is the effect of using long focal length fresnel lens. OP basically made a DIY fresnel lens with focal point at the wall.

Use long focal length fresnel lens or magnifier glass increase spot brightness around the focal point but decrease overall throw.
The beam is no longer parallel & diverge after the wall and will actually throw shorter distance than before the mod. You need to take this out side & see.

definitely outside shots will be in the card, so far based on the prototype…but the way i see it… it gives out really intense hot spot in the middle , it seems like all the lights were concentrated in the middle instead the spill, and as a plus… just like a zoomie… it can also flood bigger when you push the light forward, but unlike zoomie lights… you lost the brightness when you flood, this one doesn’t( to my eyes it’s brighter than original light) at least with my experiment within 16 feet to the wall.
i will definitely take it outside when it’s done, i’m curious also, because when used my cheap coast g10 ( got it for free ) .it can barely touch the wall at 16 feet…with this device, it can go over more than 40 feet :slight_smile:
but unfortunately we won’t know the different in the brightness until Christmas… that’s when my light meter is will be delivered