Brightest keychain light?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trustfire-1000-Lumens-mini-portable-Key-chain-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-/261028250423?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cc67f0337#ht_5267wt_874

anyone have this? anyone know of a brighter keychain light?

There’s a review from Tecmo here:

If it was properly driven, I just am doubtful that it is fully driven in such a small package.

you're really looking into buying a keychain torch for actual EDC use? or are you curious only what's on the market?

if the latter, then your link is probably the brightest on the market. 1000 lumens is insane!

no i will not be my edc, i carry my trusty olight m20s. but this keychain light will be for my mom and girlfriend. ladies just have waaaay too much crap in their purse and denies a bigger light hahah

That’s a great price. I paid $21 from Manafont. I modded it with a neutral (5000K) XML. I’m not a big fan of the white tints.

It’s crazy bright using IMR 16340 cells on high, but gets hot pretty fast. Low mode has visible PWM. It is currently my keychain light, replacing a 1xAA modded XPG 3-mode.

AA/AAA/14xxx/16xxx/18xxx lights are not good keychain lights… just way too big. This one is great. You will never know its there until you need it. Works much better than the Streamlight Nano (which likes to unscrew itself and leave you with a pocket full of dead batteries).

http://www.egear.com/egear_site/Root/pico_light.html

that is true, they are too big for keychain imo too which is why if i was to get one for myself to carry, i would only get this trustfire, or something brighter so it would be only to amaze my buddies. i already carry a big flashlight in my belt on a holster. i honestly think all you need is one of them photon lights as a keychain light…plenty bright enough.

I already have stupidly big keyless entry fobs on my keychain, and a leatherman style. I noticed the mini-01 in my pocket at first but I guess I’m used to it now.

I just got this light, it’s insane brigh for its size but definitely not 1000 lumen.
Before it came I though it would be around 400-500lumen since I saw one at my dealer, but plastic cover say it 280lumen…still think it’s brighter than that.

Could some one please check the real out put?

I would avoid this one. Its not particularly cheap, has an extra-fat head for no reason, only a high and low, and stupid STROBE.
——————————
CR123 sized lights like this have been around for a while. The itp A1 and now i1 have hit 200+ lumens for a while.

My current one is a quark miniX 123 using an XM-L emitter, and driven at about 1.3 amps. This is around 400ish lumens.

An XM-L can only hit close to 1000 lumens when driven at over 4 amps. This is not practical for keychain of course. So this is yet another case of false advertisiing. Lots of chinese lights love to claim 1000 lumens, because that is the theoretical maximum output of an XM-L under the heaviest drive.

This one drives at 2.1 amps which is insane. A 750mAh RCR123 should only be pulling 1500 mA safely. You would need an IMR to safely use that amerage amount, which lowers runtime even further, and the lesser resistance will likely pull even more amperage making this light get stupidly hot, realy fast. Only the low is actually USABLE for more than 30 seconds.

I use the CR123 sized light and I love it. I have 3 lumen, 30 lumen, 400ish lumen modes with recharging ability and decent runtime.

Some may find it too big, in which case Id say use an AAA size. That means a NiMH battery or primary lithium which puts you at 100 lumens max. You CAN get a rechargable 10440 lithium but its runtime is awful and the protection circuit which you should use takes up a bigger percentage of space. The tiny mass ensures it would get very hot very quickly so I wouldnt recommend it. It also cant be charged with a typical 18650/RCR123 charger.

The nano is alright but is a fixed 10 lumens. If you want to be that minimilist, just get a Squeezie style light which is just a LED attached to a battery basically. Gives about 5 lumens maybe but weighs practically nothing and takes up very very little space. They are only a dollar each or less.

One thing I doubt about this light is the heat transfer matter. It is small obviously, and is made of stainless steel which has worse heat conductivity than aluminium. Is the heat management good enough at high mode (considering current draw is around 2.1A)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-10PCS-Toy-Bright-Flashlight-Ring-Keychain-Fish-Lamp-LED/301853191354?\_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&\_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33876%26meid%3Dcd5dffb0202141ac8ce648224a1d14ba%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D172032064682

i wanted buy this…any other better idea for this lowcost keychain?its nice…

I use that Nitecore one that’s USB rechargeable, though it’s only 40 lumens. I’ve given a bunch away as gives and everyone loves theirs.

I don’t know about that particular light or seller, but similar lights have has a spotty reputation for functioning on arrival, and that’s why I never bought any even though I like the form-factor and size. For a give-away keychain-sized light the BLF348 is hard to beat; high CRI, well-made, bright, simple to use, and common cheap cells for power. Not nearly as cheap as these but if you care enough to gift, make the gift at least that decent. If it’s a promotional give-away nobody expects much of it and in that case these would do OK. You don’t get what you don’t pay for!

Phil

I have the Thrunite TIS. I think it cost me around £13 UK, so poss less in the states. It’s a great little 1xAAA 3 mode strobe hidden 120lm accompaniment to the rest of my keys.

You don’t need absurd brightness with a keychain light. If a Nitecore Tube doesn’t solve your problem, you’d better start relying on a dedicated handheld torch for your needs.

I swear on a modded trustfire mini 01, 16340 so around 500lm max.
I wish someone would make the mini 01 a tad wider for 18350s.

Me, too! Put a XM-l2 U2 on copper in it and for 'pocket security' I use a protected nitecore 16340! Works like a charm! ... As Werner stated you get 400-500 real otf lumens from ths little pocket warmer with WOW factor! The more the better! ;-)

I use a fet driver and a Dedomed xml2 U2 with a IMR cell in my mini01.
I always wanted a modded rrt01, but never found a good enough deal.