Brightest single 18650 edc flashlight now is??

Insane. That’s a BLF Q8, but a tenth the size. No wonder it can only last a few seconds.

What’s the brightness single-LED 1x18650 light? There’s plenty around 1400 lumens (stock), using a FET driver with a boring XPL. Any that use a better LED for more output (probably needing a boost like the XHP35)?

The Acebeam L30 with its XHP70.2 can be run on a single 18650 (or 20700) and generates 4000 lumens without stepping down for ~3 minutes!

Astrolux S1 claims like 2000 lumens, semi floody pattern, with a 10A battery…

wle

What is the definition of “brightest”?

I have a single 32650 light pushing a single SST-40 to 755Kcd for over a mile throw, does that count? :wink:

Sorry DB:

Just for the smaller battery bothers :smiley: :beer:

(though I know what you mean :wink: )

BLF Q8 can also run on a single 18650, but it doesn’t make it single 18650 light.

So definitely some D4 will win.
Vinh made D4 with SST-40. I wonder how does it stack against the Djozz’ Luxeon Z…

Does 2*18350 count?
Because here we have 10klum:

hm…looks like emisar wins…the brightest.but,theres one ,which is maybe the hellish torch:

4x sst40……i guess…

For me its a X6( X6R even better, but the mod to sst40 and keeping its usb charging is quite a hard one)/SSt40 modded, tonsa lumens, tonsa throw, quite pocketable too: C8 has a better( 60%) throw , yet it aint that pocketable

Yet, a SST40 modded M2X is “the britest one”

i was thinking about putting the luxeon V led to the convoy s2+…maybe too small body…:

Where’s a good place to buy Luxeon V emitters?

I do not know how much shipping to the US is but led4power (led4power.com) sells the 4000K LV’s and also has the boards to go with them.

Or else:Mouser

These days, the way things are evolving, the brightest isn’t the brightest for very long.
That said, is the Luxeon brighter than the sst40?

:slight_smile: realy?

Luxean V has not that nice beam profile though, especialy with a SMO…plus its nothng special

RMM had once lovely 5000k 219c Nichias , those emitters had maybe the best tint i ever seen on a flashlgith and were performers at the same time, its good i kept a dozen for personal use

I just got some in the mail today from Digikey
LED Lighting LUXEON V White, Neutral 4000K 2.925V 1.4A 120° 1616 (4040 Metric)

$4.22ea or $3.50 if you buy 10+

But if you want the proper MCPCB might as well get them from LED4Power already mounted. Competitively priced and his shipping to USA is pretty cheap.

I thought luxeon led is now the brightest led…ble ble…

Maximum output hardly differs from the SST-40 and XP-L2, but it has the lowest voltage of the three so is easiest to drive to the max.

djozz

SST is nearly the same considering lower Vf m8, yet it can hold lotsa push, V is more or less a XPG3, quite fragile

not so fragile?

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/CONCEPT/CONCEPT1/
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/E/EC23/

1800 lumens is pretty good.

Zebralight’s newest light claims 2300 lumens, using an XHP50.2 emitter.

I almost ordered it, but I think it would be too floody. Ordered the SC600w MkIV HI instead, hoping that it will serve as an all-purpose outside light, even though it’s only 1400 lumens.