Bring Back the Ramping UI of the AA Nitecore D10

I wish we could still buy the Nitecore D10 with Simple Ramping and NoDisco

a driver swap to fit an AA Tool would be cool

Would LOVE a Tool 2.0 AA with ramping UI.

Oh yes...

and make it run on an 18650 while putting out 500 steady lumens.

The piston drive was cool.

What’s the light on the right?

Jeff Hanko D10, more pics in this thread

I mean is the UI that much different than any of the current popular ramping interfaces?

the key difference is that the D10 runs on AA

Anduril is LiIon only.
If it becomes available in AA compatible form that would be great.
Expecially if it can achieve firefly lows, without flicker.

Ah yeah, I thought you meant the UI. Frelux Synergy2 sounds right up your alley but no firefly

> Frelux Synergy2

they call the 1.7 lumen low “moonlight”… not as low as I like, but good enough for most muggles.

I do think the Synergy2 driver has potential, since it does ramp, and does run on Single AA… (I have no interest in dual battery, and the S2 driver does not need dual AA, the cells are not in series)

If I could buy the driver, and put it into a Lumintop Tool, I would be interested. But $250 for an S2 aluminium light that is twice as large and twice as heavy as a single AA… is not my cup of tea.

Do you know if the driver can be purchased separately, and whether it fits an AA Tool?:slight_smile:

Can’t be purchased separately and it won’t fit any round light as it’s its an hourglass (figure 8?) shaped board

there are some nice Shiny AA hosts available lately
I have read they all have PWM.

AA Tool Ti and Copper

AA Enogear Stainless

Thrunite T10T

I have a dream:

An AA driver with
Ramping UI
NoPWM

And fits a Ti Tool.

Is there a good explanation of piston drive or some kind of diagram available? Was it using the cell itself to actuate a button inside the head of the light or what?

click link in post 7 for lots of pics and info

Great pics! So is the driver always powered, but that metal piston acts as an electronic switch by making contact when pushed forward?

yes it is a tailswitched eSwitch,
like HDS, Novatac and FW3a

THIS.

Yes,I want also AAA ramping UI, there is anything on market?