Bronte Flashlight?

Don't take it as "bad comments", think of it more as of "constructive criticism". From what I have read, their machining seems to be nicer than TF and similar brands. But at their pricing they are competing with many well known and proven brands. So they have to offer something of value, that makes people chose their lights, instead of the ones from their competitors. Can you ask your friend how open the company is to customizing some of their lights with different drivers and/or emitters ( neutral/high CRI)?

+1

Cost is the issue. You can't come out of the gate at a high price without some real design wow factor or new features. Balder or Shadow are good examples of how to get established quickly and Bronte is pricing themselves above even them. CNQG originally tried this brand, now have removed all listings and moved stock over to FancyFlashlights and they will probably end up being closed out at some point. Apparently, the market agrees with this assessment.

So I would agree with Vectrex: Not bad comments, more like suggestions to improve.

sorry for my bad expression. used the wrong world.

Actually Bronte boss came from Fenix. they're a new brand for one year and months.

quality is assured. seems they're trying to use another circuit instead of PWM.

so no harm to our eyes any more?

BTY,regarding the clip RA02 penlight, they told me they have already had it improved.

will get more information tomorrow.

The name Bronte sounds a little awkward to me too, it reminds me more of English literature rather than something technical.

I was once interested in their penlights, ben then I got a Hypetac instead.

By the way, does anyone have some insight on how these brands are related? Their offerings are quite similar:
http://www.hypetac.com/products.asp

They are expensive and there is nothing special.

Hey kreisler:
Sorry to piss your funny post, but Balder is actually a Light related name :stuck_out_tongue:

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/norsemyth/g/Balder.htm
In Norse mythology, Balder (and also Baldr) is second son of Odin and was considered “Norse god of light”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Name doesn’t matter nearly as much as product differentiation. The main business question is: “why should consumers buy your product instead of the other guys’?”. Failing this, you can only compete on price.

There’s this idea in china that there’s many consumers that if I only carry 1% of the market, I can make money. But this is outdone by proper planning to growth the business properly via feature differentiation, branding, etc. For example, 4sevens has a claim to fame on good US based support, and interchangeable bodies. If I want better support, or, several head/body I can mix/match, I go to 4sevens. Someone can try to undercut/copy this, but eventually the volume becomes large enough that’s infeasible to do so. For example, if 4sevens sold 10-100x more per year to walmart/target, their prices would be closer to half and nobody can effectively compete on those terms.

I don’t give any thought to the name. I just use it… as a light. I have only one light which I actually look at and go ‘damn, that’s nice’ and that’s my Crelant 7g5v2. Don’t even know what Crelant means. Don’t care.

If the light works well and is priced accordingly demand will come.

Rey, are you saying that Bronte is owned by Fenix? Also a current regulated driver which eliminates PWM isn’t anything new and shouldn’t increase the price by more than $15. PWM doesn’t really harm eyes more than a current regulated driver does so you don’t have to worry about eye damage. I’m sure if PWM caused harm to our eyes nobody would be buying it.

Got the Tu10-Ti from DD few months ago… Wanted a titanium 18650 light and this one seemed affordable (72€). Been happy with it! :bigsmile:

I really don’t know what the fuss is about the name Bronte. It’s a common name. The famed intellectual writers, The Bronte sisters. I drive down Bronte road along the Bronte creek so I can launch my boat in Bronte harbor to go salmon fishing in Lake Ontario.

…with my friend whose name is ironically…… you guessed it, Bronte.

They should have called their brand bronson. ;-)

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ZOJ1vmjffyc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

No stupider than

xintd
tank007
of course, fandyfire
and a dozen others

:slight_smile:

Three words. Sun. Way. Man.

…or Speedsix

Well, I’m in for RA10 for 20 bucks for sure, or X03 for 25 :bigsmile:

I'm believe the brand name is a literary reference to the Bronte sisters...they were known to carry flashlights under their petticoats. As well, many of their fictional characters worked in Guangdong Province. Wuthering Heights contains multiple allusions to budget torches.

Thank you for that interesting bit of fact.
I like it.

Got absolutely no complaints with my RA-01 - Mongo bright, and plenty rugged - great flashlight for the money.

If I lost it, I would immediately buy another one.

(Image courtesy of Bigmac_79 - You can read his most excellent review here)

I’d probably try Bronte if it can take some abuse like Fenix lights.

The prices are steep though. :open_mouth: