BS Terminator - Worthwhile upgrade from the King?

If you have the TK and the skyray, you don't really need a terminator, but you will enjoy having it.

I have all three, BS Terminator, TK75, and two Skyray Kings. The Apex 5T6 which out floods the SRK, so I'm actually selling my SRKs as a result.

The BS Terminator is a good in between light. It has lots of flood, and very respectable throw. It's the brightest of the bunch, but it's neither the floodiest, or the best thrower.

i have TR-J18 mod’ed with KD driver and it put out more than 5000 lumens OTF from 3 ICR KK batteries :smiley:
waaaay brighter and floodier than SRK and unlike SRK, you can actually hold the light :wink:

distance to the shed about 80’
SRK beamshot

TR-J18 mod’ed with KD driver beamshot

Gotta love that Terminator.

wow that terminator sure does look impressive in that picture. but after reading that the srk is floodier, then i say your best best is just what some members mentioned, the plunger styles with 7 or more xml’s.

if you want the baddest flooder around, go this route.
on low mode, its almost as bright as the srk, very close.
on medium, its a joke to compare them, and on high, is just redonkulious….over 6k lumens

Might have to have a shootout between the two this weekend.

OK so probably should have mentioned i’d much prefer a compact size rather than a big plunger style light. Also would prefer something of a decent brand, another reason i’m thinking of replacing the SRK.

That’s why I was thinking the Terminator, I’d ideally like the Nitecore TM26 but I just can’t bring myself to spend that sort of coin on another light that will need new batteries (mine are too long), maybe when it goes under $200 i’ll splurge again :smiley:

The modded J-18 definitely looks noticeably brighter than the SRK, quite impressive. Though the terminator shot below looks better than the SRK as well, and at $100 delivered it’s a decent price.

I’ve looked at the Apex 5T6 but sort of discounted it due to the older model LED’s it uses and unheard of name. Still worth a look in?

Hi, you might want to read johnnymac’s review. Someone dunked their terminator in water to test and water got into the handle junction. I am not sure how it affects the light though.

Probably not a huge deal as i don’t plan on swimming with a light :smiley:

Might just keep the SRK until someone sells the TM26 under 200

I not sure that the TM26 beats the Terminator in anything other than price :wink:

I guess it does have the led display, is that worth the extra money for it?

Really? I was under the impression it was a fair bit brighter than the terminator?

If not then i’m probably sold. Couldn’t care less about the led display at all! Just like that it’s a small, really bright light. Prefer the lack of a handle too but it’s not worth more than double the price… Thanks :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just to throw another in the mix, how does the Thrunite TN30 compare?

Did a little playing around with some of the lights I have here with me at the moment as I am away from home for some time now.
I just bought the mighty TK75 yesterday. Stepped outside with three lights last to compare them with my new TK75. When I came back in, I had a new found respect for my BlackShadow Terminator. Out to 100 yards or so, it’s amazing how much useful light it has. SRK works great at the closer distances and the TK75 reaches out of course but that Terminator is hard to beat at reasonable distances. Nice part is it’s no wimp when it comes to throw either.

I actually really like the handle of the B.S. It is something that none of my other lights have. Great for walking the dog. I have the SRK also, it is nice but the Terminator destroys it. It dosnt have as wide as a spill beam, but the B.S. has so much more power. Plus it throws pretty decent.

I had a chance to play with a TM26 a little yesterday when I picked up my TK75. Wasn’t dark but when comparing it with the Terminator, I couldn’t tell much difference. A little different beam pattern maybe. I asked the guy working there at GoingGear how they compared. Other than the extra features and 2-3 times more money, the TM26 has a little more flood but less throw than the Terminator. That’s about it.
If I had to choose, I would buy the TM26 if they cost the same because of the extra features and modes but if it was more than $30 more, I would buy the Termonator.

Thanks a lot for that Chidwack!!! Well question is, if you had to keep two of those 3 lights, which would it be? :bigsmile:

As for the handle, I don’t hate it but it just adds to the bulk that i’d like to avoid. It would be great if it were removable like the EYE40

I didn’t know if I would like the handle but I like it now. I was surprised how small the Terminator is. Not bulky.
The handle makes a great hook to hang the light by.

If I had to choose to get rid of one of the three I have, it would be the SRK. Terminator does everything the SRK does and more.
I know I am going to like my TK75 but I see myself using the Terminator and my new EA4 XM-L2 more.

Looks like the Terminator’s going to replace the SRK then by the sound of it, thanks!

As for TK75 usage, i’d say if anything i’ll probably use that more than the flooder, mostly for hunting, should be a great spotlight :slight_smile:

Take a look at the ZL6330. Awesome flood and multiple modes. Super small also. I use mine more than the SRK or Terminator. Might be able to pick one up for around $170 with discount code from a some places. Here is some pics of mine. Zebra Light S6330 has landed!

Looks nice, very compact but price is getting up pretty close to the TM26 there. Is it that much better than the Terminator?