BT-C3100 issues

I have 3 BT-C3100 chargers. I is V 0, the other two are V 2.2. I have not used these chargers very much.

I lubricated the fan in V 0 to get rid of the unbearable screeching. That sort of worked, but after sitting unused and charging some Eneloops, the noise is back. Had to pull the batteries and power it down for my sanity and the ability to sleep.

One of the V 2.2 is now making excessive noise. I rather thought they had fixed this. I am also seeing some charging readings that are different/strange on the V 00. Not really ready to spend a bunch of time to try to analyze the results. But something seems funny (a technical term). The final results in the slots seem to differ regardless of swapping cells. I am using all three chargers because I have a device that uses 12 AA Eneloops and I am charging a set.

However, my big question is the fans. They have to go and be replaced by some quality (e.g., very quiet) devices. I remember somewhere seeing a recommendation for replacement fans; but I have not found it in searches.

Can anyone point me at very quite replacement fans? Is the charger manufacturer doing anything about this problem? If they are, and still providing crappy fans (I thought the V 2.2 had resolved this), I would rather just buy new ones of good quality.

forget fans and their issues.

Yes I concur, I think the fans are pointless

I have a BT-C3100 v2.2, and it has started (on occasion) to make noise. I tried researching on the internet for a replacement, but really couldn’t come to any conclusions on quality. So I just went with these Opus Fan
They were cheap. I bought 2.
I just got them but haven’t installed one yet. I did test them, and they power up, and are quiet outside the charger housing, but I really have no idea on durability.
If you find something please update this thread.
How did you lubricate the fan on v1?

Good luck
Brian

It was a while back, but I believe I had to peel of a label on the center of the fan. Then I just took a hypodermic with Tungsten Disulphide suspended in alcohol on the shaft and worked it in. Molybdenum Disulphide would also work and you would be able to find it, but you need to get some in a liquid form. You mostly see it as grease. The lube worked for a short time of use.

The two posts about no fans - interesting, but I have no inclination to buy three new chargers.

I think I found the fan. I tried a really crazy approach, I looked in my folder for the chargers and found a link to Digikey.

I suspect the Sunon was what I was looking at. But I am going to check the alternatives shown as well.