Budget knives dealers all in one

Some of those 900 series knives are still available at various dealers.

Yep, I seen 902, 905, 908 and 909 floating around but prices are a bit high, especially for 905 that I really like.
If 905, 908 and 909 were 9Cr13MoV, I would buy them immediately but for 8Cr13MoV steel knives, they are a bit expensive.

They do not respond to email so I am a bit reluctant to make an order.

I just ordered the 909 and got an email after it was shipped. I haven’t received it yet and probably won’t for a while but so far so good.

I ordered the EL01D (wooden one) as well.

Two hours ago I retrieved the Land WR5-905 I saw some days ago (I couldn’t remember it was on ebay), for which I didn’t pay attention to the price. It is quite good compared to the other source we know (= greatwalloutdoor, but I’m pretty sure I seen it somewhere else).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180531702607

So I make an offer for 2 units, at 16.40 USD each + shipping. It was accepted :smiley: .

So if someone is looking for this model, maybe he could try to offer a bit less. :wink:

Bad times coming up for buying budget knives from china shops?

More and more shops stop selling knives. Goodluckbuy has stopped selling knives some time ago and now it seems even tinydeal (imho one of the best sources for ‘nonpremium’ china knives) seems to have followed.

Anyone got any better information?

Maybe they got discouraged by the ban of the SRM 900 series... maybe they are afraid that the laws are even getting more restricting over time. This could lead to the situation where they have knives in stock and can't sell them.

Hi all, first post. Very glad to have found BLF – astonishingly good info on budget flashlights and knives. You really don’t have to spend a ton for some very powerful small lights and very useful EDC knives.

I recently discovered Sanrenmu, Enlan, Bee and Navy knives. I’d seen some of them before, but not paid attention to the makers. Looks like there are some excellent values. I’ve browsed a bunch of the threads on this and other forums– and narrowed down to these models in 2 categories, EDC and larger “tactical.” I like to carry the small-medium EDC folders weekdays; medium and sometimes larger folders on weekends; and keep a few larger folders and sturdy fixed blades stored with emergency kits. I figure I’ll order a few in each category to see which fit my hands best, and after sell or trade the ones that don’t fit as well. Appreciate feedback on a few questions below.

EDC FOLDERS:

SRM T21 Rescue knife (new version of T01)
SRM T2101 – includes new T21 and older version T01 with aluminum handle + free knife tool set
SRM GB-763 with G10
SRM B710
SRM 704 – longer handle then 710, tip up or down carry

LARGER / “TACTICAL” FOLDERS:

Bee L05 FFG – blade length 87mm (3.43 in.), Handle 11 cm, Weight: 0.1450 kg, http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/Bee-Enlan-Knives/L05-Bee-Folding-Knife.html

Enlan EL04 – like Ritter Griptilian – blade length 87mm (3.43 in.), Weight: 0.1600 kg http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL04-Enlan-Pocket-Knife.html

Enlan EL-02A with Micarta, Blade length: 105 mm, Weight: 0.1800 kg http://www.exduct.com/Bee-Enlan-Pocket-Knives/Enlan-Axis-Lock-Knife-EL02.html

Enlan EL-02B with G10 and stonewashed blade – read that it’s thinner than EL-02A – blade 105 mm (4.13 in.) Weight: 0.1800 kg http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL02B-Enlan-Pocket-Knife.html

Enlan EL01A, Weight: 0.1850 kg http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL01A-Bee-Folding-Knife.html

Navy K631 with FFG, thumb hole, like Spyderco – blade 3 ¾ in., Weight: 0.1850 kg http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/Navy-Knives/K631-Navy-Folding-Knife.html

QUESTIONS:

1) Will the knife tool set that comes with the T2101 combo have all the necessary tools to adjust any of the above knives, or is there an additional tool set I should consider from Exduct?

2) Which cylindrical sharpener do you use on your Chinese knives with recurve blades like the T21?

3) Can dark pocket clips be purchased from Exduct or another supplier to replace some of the silver clips on some of these handles?

4) Read somewhere that the Navy K631 ships very (dangerously) tight – is this true? Is it easy to loosen up?

5) In what order would you place these larger knives in terms of pocketability: Navy K631, Enlan EL01A and Enlan EL-02B? For those that have tried them, which do you prefer? Asking because weight is not the whole story – thickness and shape matter too.

6) Which feels more pocketable of these medium knives, Bee L05 and Enlan EL04? For those who have tried both, which do you prefer and why? Asking because weight is not the whole story – thickness and shape matter too.

(Edited to include blade length of some of the models that I found out from @Buwuve)

@lightranger:

I have or had most of the knives, you think about.

Some answers:

1. No. The knives do not have any tools (only a screwdriver), which are useful for DIY. The knives have: Glasbreaker, rope cutter, bottle opener, screwdriver and of course the blade.

For some knives you can use torxs. For the most Enlan (all versions of EL01,02,04) knives, you need expensive tools. The Bee L05 has a torx, too. You can buy torx in every toolsshop (don’t know, if this is the correct name for the shop, where you can buy everything for the DIY, screwdriver, hammer and all the other tools. I’m not a native speaker and do not live in US or GB).
: http://www.exduct.com/pivot-screw-set/enlan-knife-knives-pivot-pin-screw/screw-driver-tools-sets-eps03.html

The older versions have the 3 hole pivot screw, the newer version the triangle.

5. The Enlan EL-01 is a big and heavy folder. The Navy is nice and slim, but I prefer the EL02B. It looks great - I love the stonewashed blade, small scratches are not noticeable, has a thinner handle as the EL02A.

If you want a big folder for heavy work, buy the EL01 first. If you want a slim knife, go for the 631 and for a nice, bigger EDC Folder take the EL02B.

6. The EL04 isn’t really pocketable for me (it’s to big in the pocket and the blade is to wide). Take a look at my picture (shows the Bee L05-01, the Enlan EL04 and the Enlan EL01 KH).
The EL04 is great knife, but the Bee L05 will be better as a EDC.

7. Bee L05-01 87mm (the 01 is the rosewood version, but the blade is the same) and the EL04 has 87mm, too.

I have a Sanrenmu 710 (poor men sebenza) and I would never have thought that this quality is possible in the price range.
What would the budget counterpart to the 710 in the fixed knife realm?

Take a look at the swedish company: Mora

@Buwuve, that was super helpful. Danke schön.

1. You misunderstood my question, but upon reading what I wrote, I realize it could be interpreted two ways. I didn’t mean which tools the T21 and T01 had - I realize they come with just a rope cutter, glass breaker, bottle opener - I meant: does the tool kit that comes with the T2101 kit (which comes with a T21 + a T01+ a tool kit) have all the tools necessary for working on the knives on my list, but if not, which other tool kit should I order from Exduct, as they sell many? Exduct probably sells all the tools necessary for any of their knives. It’s just hard to get an answer from them.

What’s interesting is that the EL-01A and EL02B and Navy K631 are all the same weight - yet you describe them as having a different feel in the pocket, and this is likely because of thickness - the EL01A looks very thick/beefy. I’m liking the look of the EL02B and would prefer a thinner handle. Looks like the EL-01A is thickest, followed by the EL02B and then the K631.

How do the Bee L05 and Enland EL02B compare, especially for EDC?

+1 Mora makes good quality value blades, of Sandvik steel which is a good quality stainless steel. Ragnar’s Forge which is one of the largest dealers of Mora in the U.S. points out that the Sandvik stainless and carbon steels used for Mora knives are fairly close in performance, in case you’re wondering which to get. Bark River the American knife company actually uses Sandvik for their popular and excellent Bravo Necker 2 and Necker knives.

It's nice to meet you, Lightranger!

How do you like the K507? http://www.exduct.com/Special-Limited-Products/SP-K507-Navy-Pocket-Knife.html Strange look with a different handle material on each side, stainless and G-10, and tip down carry, but looks like a larger SRM 710 Sebenza style.

Just noticed from your photo and read here Steel Reviews: Review: Enlan Bee L05 that the Bee L05 is tip down carry. Very nice looking knife with good blade geometry otherwise. Like the stonewashed blade.

How do the Bee L05 and Enland EL02B compare, especially for EDC?

Does the EL02B come with a pocket clip and is it tip up or down carry?

Also, anyone have any idea which tool set from Exduct will work for all the knives in the list, if the tool set that comes with the T2101 set doesn’t cover it all?

Where are my manners? Pleasure meeting you jacktheclipper, Buwuve, potem and raccoon city.

Will Exduct discount 10 knives (say 20) if they are from different series (say 3 SRM T21, 4 SRM 763, 3 Navy K631, etc.) beyond the standard 5% Exduct discount code floating around?

Any other sellers you recommend that do this?

Figure on getting some as thank you gifts as well as buying together with some friends.

Welcome!

You can find a few pics of my EL02B here (EL02B) and here (EL02B vs. EL06).

The EL02B as every folder with an axis-lock is tip up carry.

For the Enlans you will need a triangle (or a 3-dot type) pivot tool too.

It`s my favorite knife from Navy/SRM/Enlan. And I don`t understand, why this knife is not very popular. It`s bigger then SRM710 (well known), 440c blade steel, good edge retemption, grippy G10 scale and frame lock.
For me there is only one problem with it - tip-down clip. Actually I`ve redrilled scale for tip-up carry, but it was not easy. I think whole side was hardened, not only frame…
Here is my knife with custom G10 —> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YS1o1i8I7A

We need to update this thread. Some of the sites no longer sell knives and some new ones are selling them.

Fasttech for example is now selling knives and have good deals.