Budget neck-knife?

I see this knife every so often, I think Im going to order it. Maybe see how its like around my neck.

Does anyone else have a neck-knife or can recommend a good one?

This is a fake CRKT but its only $4...does anyone here have it?

If it's a fake, it's a very good fake. I have it - but I'm no knife expert. For $4, good enough.

Good backup/emergency knife but not as a neck knife. High risk that it comes out the sheath when running, jumps etc.

The Minimalist is a far better choice for a neck knife. Sits securely in its sheath and nice handling despite the size due to the grip design. My sample from MF came reasonably sharp and holds the edge surprisingly well. Could be it's not fake but part of the production that got "diverted".

The one I have is a knock off from TinyDeal. Clearly a fake. Sheath is crap; the blade actually hits lanyard hole/rivet and is quite loose in the sheath. The knife itself isn't bad. I wouldn't put it around my neck. Although much more expensive ($30.00 USD), I have this and am happy with it. Not the best blade shape for EDChores, more defensive in nature.

Other cheaper options than my suggestion are this ($18.00 USD street), this (which is available in three blade styles) or this (which came wicked sharp). There are tons more, I'm sure, but I have 1st hand experience with these.

And speaking of experience, neck carry of anything has never been a pleasant experience for me. YMMV.

I have this one it's really nice it's a Smith & Wesson knockoff and has a bear whistle built into the carrier.

If you can stand dealing with the wait.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stainless-steel-knife-with-whistle-sheath-color-assorted-17-0cm-knife-length-50596

I have this non-tanto-blade version of the knife E1320 recommended and I really like it. I've never neck-carried it, but it's my tackle-box knife I use to cut bait. It fits securely in the carrier and I've never had any issues with it falling out. Maybe a bit too large for your purpose though.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-steel-tool-knife-7606

+1 for the Minimalist (you can choose 3 different bladeforms), I put a Nite Ize clip on the sheath to carry it in my frontpocket

Budget neck knife? Search no further than budk.com. I buy nearly all of my bladed weapons from there. :)

http://knives.budk.com/search?w=neck%20knife

Just got this Chen neck knife. It is not budget in the same way the fake Ritter/CRKT is, but less than $50 for a very limited production “custom” knife sort of falls into the budget category for me personally. YMMV. It came with all the extras shown.

I like that, better than some “neck” knives it actually looks usable for various tasks.
I like the camo Paracord as well.

Steve, I’m not sure it always comes with camo 550. Some of other knives I’ve seen in photos at EDCF have their handles wrapped in all sorts of paracord colors, so, and this is just speculation on my part, I think that part of the equation is a bit of a crap shoot.

Oh, sorry I was just saying that I like that colour of camo 550 Paracord I’ve got about 3200ft of the stuff in 30+ colours and camos. In fact when I shine a torch on it some of mine looks similar but the brown/orange is not as predominant. mine is darker.

The woodland camo.

Yeah I have the the un-serrated Tanto. Had it for years, and wore it nightly when I drove a taxi-cab in my hometown :sunglasses:

Never used it, for that I’m thankful. It added a layer of confidence.

I paid $19.95 for it back in the 90’s.