Budget thrower alternative to HD2010 (-Ebay UltraOK)

I came across this light on ebay (found link inside a random thread on BLF)

Price: 17,99$ (includes shipping)

HD2010 vs Ebay UltraOK light
Lenght: 16,2 vs 17cm
With: 62 vs 57 mm
weight: 318 vs 231g

Needless to say. It should be cheaper than HD2010. Driver may be bad, but it is probably easy to change or maybe to modify.
Judging by the pictures, I would say it looks more expensive than it is.
I dont think im going to buy one. But thought I would share. Maybe someone have experience with it, or have found it even cheaper…

Its not a bad light.

Here’s a review.

Here’s the info thread

Its best feature is its versatility. 26650, 18650, cr123×2 or aaa×4. I like mine for thar reason.

I loved that light. Gave it to dad because he kept begging for one. I am replacing it with this Small Sun…

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/small-sun-zyt16-xml-t6-5mode-1200lumen-led-flashlight-black-1226650-p-10725

It’s the cheapest online I can find. And although it’s a bit more expensive, it is single-celled and lighter. I’m told it’s awesome (we shall see). At 638 lumens, output will still beat this 455 lumen UltraOK Tactical. The HD2010 is too dang heavy, though. I barely use it anymore.

Agreed. It’s not driven hard, and so it makes a great glovebox/all-purpose little thrower.

That’s what mine does. 26650 in the body. Lsd rechargeables taped into the holder as back up, I could buy some cr123s as back up back up.

In this guise I WANT it to have strobe and sos because that will be part of its job. I should load up the light engine with copper disks/copper plug and maybe add a 2.8a two group nanjg but I just like it as is. Throw from 4aaa is amazing.

Thanks.
Ill do some proper searching next time. For some reason I had never seen it before…

It looks like a nice HD2010 alternative. But I would buy it for modifying reasons and that hollow pill was not impressive.

If I should think ahead. A thrower that can be modified for 5A driver and use 2 batteries would be nice so SMALL SUN ZY-T16 seems to be the way to go. Im thinking XM-L2 + cooper :wink:

Or have anyone found a nice solution for modding the Small Sun ZY-T08 from parallel to series? (driver would be changed anyway) I really prefer shorter lights and I prefer to stick with 18650s. Or I just need to find a good boost driver.

Found this $17.58 from eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130726390440?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Price went up… a bit :(!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12W-1800LM-5-Modes-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Powered-by-18650-26650-AAA-/310661025874?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item4854d71052

Darn! I should have bought several more :(!!

Edit: Sorry, posted on the wrong thread. At one point, a couple of weeks ago, this light was selling for $10+ from California. The same seller, now it’s $60+ :(??

For this price? Maybe it got a blue tooth and he forgot to post it? :slight_smile:

I don’t know. There use to be something called “The Fatwallet effect”. That was when someone would post a deal on FatWallet.com (e.g., when a seller had mis-priced on their website), and then a ton of people would order. This naturally would alert the seller, who would then fix the price…. “The Fatwallet effect”.

I suspect that there’s also a similar “BLF effect” :(…

It’s the same link/item/seller where I bought for $13.85.