Budget Titanium Jewelry/Rings?

Even though my original wedding ring wasn’t that expensive I am looking for an everyday wear ring that I won’t be upset about if it gets damaged or lost, which is highly possible with my job.

I have seen prices ranging from <$2.00 up to $illy expensive and I guess what I am looking for would be the Convoy equivalent of titanium rings, I would like to spend no more than $10 for reasonable quality if that is possible.

I know it’s a long shot but since a lot of BLFers like Ti I was hoping someone could recommend a seller.

I haven’t really found any solid recommendations yet, but I am impressed at how quick this thread ended up in google, it’s already near the top on the first page!

Hmmm, maybe Etsy.

Now that you mention it, I'd be interested in budget titanium rings too. Will be following this thread.

I hadn’t thought of etsy, thanks for the suggestion.

The problem I have is that I don’t know anything about Ti, I wouldn’t know if what I received was junk or not.

^

Same here. Ti can be anodized to many different colors. The color depends on the amount of voltage. Just put a little baking soda in water, have some metal in the bottom connected to negative and hang the Ti with something connected to positive. It will change color quite rapidly. You need DC current. I just googled for a Ti anodizing color chart and pasted the first image below. I have anodized out to deep purple so far. I don't know if anodizing proves it's 100% Ti.

I didnt know anodizing Ti was so easy. I don’t have a DC power supply over 15V, but I am pretty sure a friend has something that goes close to if not over 100 volts.

I made a short guide a while back... maybe interesting to read;

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29036

It had never occurred to me that one could connect 9v batteries like that.

I will be giving this a shot when I find a suitable ring. I might even just buy something cheap on ebay to have a play with.

I do not want to use titanium as ring material, if something happen with your hand or finger the paramedic need some tools to cut it.
maybe it easier to cut your finger than the ring itself

Why not just do as I do, I wear my titanium wedding ring on a stainless steel ball link chain around my neck, have done for years.

My wife wants me to wear one on my ring finger, and since she doesn’t have many wacky rules or really forbid me from doing anything, I would like to at least make an attempt at wearing something.

I ordered quite a few different ones from eBay a while ago (read maybe 10 years or more, lol). Until one order never arrived :(. If I remember correctly they were pretty cheap too.

I would totally go for an under $10 Ti ring. Anodizing it with voltage or heat seems like a good way to check that it actually is some type of Ti.

She wants all the young attractive girls who hang around you to know you’re taken!

Yeaa, we know why you do that! Player, player!
You can just tuck it into your shirt when girls walk by.

I use a gold plated variable size ring, cost me a few bucks.
Very safe when working 1 when caught on something it pops off the finger and if needed anyone can remove it barehanded.
it still has the look of a real weddingband (including the white stripe on the finger if removed) when the goldplating fades, just order a new one (had no need for that)

EDIT:
I recently ordered this one, because it matches the wifes closer
click