Build in progress

Cheers guys :beer:

I wasn’t happy with the body tube colour so i sanded it back and did it again. All up i did the head twice and the body three times. Little bit irritating but i like the results now.

I’m thinking of making a retaining ring for the lens. I made an error during machining and couldn’t make it work with an o-ring on the glass. The head/bezel is what clamps the led star to the pill so any minor change in the height of the leds , or star , or optic , or glass lens might affect how well the whole assembly gets clamped.

BTW running gear is - LH351B in 4000K and driver is a low power driver and a blue lighted tail

Absolutely stunning!

Unbelievable! Please keep posting pictures!

The lacquer really makes it pop doesn’t it….just gorgeous! I like the look of the body after you sanded some more, turned out great. What’s that material called again?

Also…clever use of fittings for the head and such. The head/pill looks really sharp!

The head and body are titanium damascus, also known as mokuti and timascus™.
It’s just sanded and buffed a little to bring up the shine of the titanium, no lacquer used. I didn’t end up using the fittings either, they were a tad short for what I needed so it was all made from bar stock. Cheers :beer:

Well that’s even more impressive then…nice finish and polish! :slight_smile: Mokuti is what I was trying to remember.

This build look amazing, awesome job. You have come so far with your machining skills.

Did you hand wire the LEDs? Or did you make a custom PCB?

As mentioned in post #21:

It is a 20mm triple emitter MCPCB from KaiDomain with 3x LH351B emitters.