Burned Nitefighter BT-40

I had lab power supply failure and driver and diodes are burned.
Is there any driver I could use to repair that light? It is 4s xp-g2
Mike

Hi Sp5it, dont own the light myself, but web says that its a 2s2p (7.4v) battery pack, so is the driver a boost or are any of the leds in parallel?

Maybe its time for a complete upgrade, leds and driver? Looks like a good housing for modifying. Is it an e-switch or a clicky?

Sorry for all the questions asked without any answers!

Up/down e-switch
Mike

There is no easily obtainable driver with up and down e-switches but one of the drivers that can be implemented would be LD-2 made by led4power

Did a bit of searching, and on mtbrforums there was a post that showed that when the light gets too hot, it can melt the insulation of the wires joining the switch board and the driver, causing the light to stop working.

Not sure how easy it is to open up this light and check though…

In mine capacitors exploded, IC’s got burned holes, no doubt I need new driver board :slight_smile:
Mike

I HATE when that happens >:-# I lost 3 radios when a 12V power supply lost voltage regulation; all mine now run through a crowbar circuit but that would be hard to implement in an adjustable PS. Better a blown fuse or single toasted component than smoked equipment!

Phil