bushwhackeds entry (BLF 2nd annual scratch made light contest)

It’s aircraft grade…

How’s your woody coming along?

It’s getting hard to handle, I’m working it length wise to get it straightened out.

Someone dropped my plane (maybe me) and chipped the blade.

I have to use my coldsteel kukri now to shape it.

I’ll have some more pics up soon, I have to work outside because of the wood chips. My neighbors think I’m nuts.

Any progress ?

I have made a lot of progress, will it be finished in time? I’m not sure. I can come up with a lot of excuses as to why it’s not done yet but I’m a procrastinator.

Wood is such a beatiful material. Looks great, feels great. Nothing lame about that!
I’m looking forward to see your progress! :slight_smile:

Can we see the progress then? :bigsmile:

For sure I’ll post pictures this weekend.

Good :bigsmile:

Me too. This light is what I’m doing instead of what I’m supposed to be doing. Procrastinators don’t do nothing, but what they will do is shuffle the to do list to maximize irresponsibility. :wink:

As promised a photo of the current build. I was very busy over the past couple of months and with several lights and mods to do every time I tried to make progress I was distracted by what was on my table. I will try again sometime but for now this build is…

I had it nearly done but I made a few mistakes and wood is quite unforgiving. I may have chopped it up out of anger a little too. It was going to be a deck light. Looks like a piece of wood but it was going to open up and turn on to shine light. I had rectangular clear plexiglass diffused and the switch was going to be automatic on when it opens. It was going to have 2 xml U2 leds and be run with 2 18650 on two separate nanjg.

That was the plan, the fitting of the plexiglass and piano hinge didn’t work out so well. I’m going to retry but for now I give up.

Sorry to hear bushwacked about the problems. Keep us posted on any new developments.

My condolences on your loss. I have my share of projects that stalled out. No where to hide when you post the beginning but can’t get to the end. Thank you for making the effort. I imagine it wood have been grand. S’mores anyone?

Sorry to hear that. But it is good you will try again :-)